It's a beautiful song pt.2

Start from the beginning

"It's not your fault"

"I could have done something for preventing it"

"Why are you here?" I ask, realizing that I have not received an answer the first time.

"Because I miss you" and if what I feel inside of me I can not explain it myself, then I do not know who can do it. Tears fill my eyes with incalculable speed, as he looks at me in a way that only he has ever looked at me, the same way that no one has looked at me for months, maybe a year, maybe longer. "I've been an asshole and-"

"I miss you too"

"Really?"

"Why do you look so surprised?"

"I thought you moved on"

"How could I go on?" I don't know exactly who I just asked this question to, him or me, or maybe it's an unanswered question. "You went on instead"

"Me?" I look at him confused, trying to understand what he is talking about.

"That questioning face?"

“We're not together anymore” and when I want to say that my jaw has dropped, it really means that it has fallen, almost touching the floor.

“A few hours ago you made out for more than two minutes without taking a breath” I say, almost laughing at the situation I'm in.

"I broke up with him shortly after you left"

"Oh" I haven't no idea what to say or what to do. I've never been in a situation like this, actually yes, always with him, but this time it's different, because the embarrassment in the air could be cut with a knife.

"There is another person in my life, someone I love, not someone like Marcus"

"Have you cheated on him?"

"No, I simply said that there is another guy I love" he smiles and this is enough to unleash a hundred butterflies in my stomach. "I think you know him"

"I know him?" I ask, surprised and shocked by everything that's going on.

"In my opinion yes" he comes so close to me that I feel his breath against mine. "The song is beautiful, you know?" he takes a sheet of paper out of his pocket, making me realize a second later that it is the sheet on which I wrote the song. The song I wrote dedicating it to him. "It's a beautiful song" he repeats.

"T-thank you" I turn all red, adding nothing for the simple reason that there is nothing to add. The song speaks for itself and the smile on his lips makes me understand that he knows.

"Especially the part that says 'i missed the way your eyes looked in sunlight, the way the green reflects in mine, I fell in love'"

"Rye-"

"It's beautiful" I dare to look him straight in the eye. They are shiny and the light that was always there when he was with me is here, now it’s here. In this light there is love and I can't understand why. A tear runs down his cheek, causing my own tears.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I love you" my heart skips a beat, my breath stops suddenly.

I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming because this can't be real. It's just my mind that is tricking me into giving me some peace from all the pain and loneliness.

"I'm a jerk because I love you and I've never told you, letting you go as if you’re not important, when in reality you count more than oxygen counts for a living being" he takes my hand intertwining our fingers, to this point I should wake up from the dream, but it doesn't happen. Maybe it's true... "Andy, please say something"

"Did you say you love me?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes, I said I love you" he waits for my answer, but I have no words. I just don't know what to say.

I take his face in my hands and kiss him exactly as I wanted to do from the first moment we met.
Our lips fit together perfectly. Two missing pieces of a puzzle. Two souls who belong together and have just found each other. They have their own dance that they follow alone, in sync, they do all the work, but it doesn't matter because, anyway, it's a perfect dance for them.
I’ve imagined so many times what it could be like to kiss him, but nothing was even the slightest bit close to what this kiss is. The love he is putting into this kiss is as strong as mine and the thought alone makes me cry with happiness.

We break the kiss when the lack of oxygen makes itself felt, the sweet coconut flavor remains on my lips, maybe it's lip balm.
Our cheeks are covered with tears, due to overwhelming emotions and feelings.

"Was it a ‘yes I love you too’?"

"No, it’s an ‘I've always loved you’"

"Me too, you know?"

"You never told me"

"I was afraid"

"And now? What has changed? "

"I don't know what has changed, but I know that I love you and that you are my person and-"

“I love you too and you are my person too” I assure him.

"Really?"

“You've always been my person, Rye” he smiles, unsure of what to say. A dark room illuminated by our smiles and our love.

"Do you want me to stay with you or?"

"Stay, please"

We go into my room, maybe it will become ours, his eyes linger on our photo. "I also kept it on the bedside table, Marcus hates it, but I have always loved it more than him" he smiles sweetly, filling my heart with love. "My shirt looks good on you, anyway" I blush instantly, slipping under the blunket and saying nothing. One of the last times I slept at his house he lent me this shirt and I always forgot to give it back to him and in the end I kept it.

He takes me into his arms and my body completely lets go of this familiar feeling, a feeling that… makes me feel safe, loved.
The scent of him penetrates my nostrils, the desire to be able to have this perfume scattered around the house, on my clothes and in everything that surrounds me begins to make space inside me, the past moments come back to mind.

"Can I tell you something before sleeping?" he asks seriously, worrying what it might be.

"Sure"

"I love you" I feel his smile against my skin and the feeling is so beautiful that it makes me cry with happiness.

"I love you too"

This is the 2nd and the last part, hope you enjoyed the chapter😊

If you're interested I started a new account where I post collages about RoadTrip= rye.fowler on Instagram.

Stay safe🌵💞