Natalias beautiful laughter echoed throughout the garden as she melted onto the ground, taking Alex down with her so she was soon just giggling in his arms
——————————————————————————

Breathing heavily slightly, Daniel walked steadily, kicking a rock a cross the cobbled street on the way to Alexa and her brothers house.

Scared he was about to have a panic attack, he stopped, practicing one of the breathing mechanisms his therapist had taught him. Going to the side of the pavement, closing his eyes, putting one hand on his chest trying to slow down his painfully loud breaths, he finally was okay to start walking down again.

Telling himself again and again, this needed to go well, he needed to let Alexa know for the millionth time he was sorry.

He never in a million years wants to force Alexa to see him again.

In fact, he wouldn't blame the girl is she chucked a drink in his face, slammed the door and refused to see him.

He just needed to apologise.

For once in his life, he wasn't going to run away.

Walking up the stairs to the porch, kicking the debris away, standing there for a couple of seconds. Running his hands through his neatly groomed hair, and straightening out his jacket, he finally wracked up the courage to knock on the massive wooden front door.

As he was knocking, Daniel was practicing his apology in his head, so scared to the core that he would somehow mess this up.

But as he was rehearsing his apology, he didn't hear footsteps from the other end like he usually did.

The loud pattering of footsteps, or frantically running up couldn't be heard.

Were they out?

He was about to knock again until-

"FIIREEEEEE"

He heard all of a sudden, followed by a lot of laughter.

Was that Alexa?

Looking around him to make sure no one was watching in case anyone got the wrong idea, he walked down the steps and peered over the front garden fence that overlooked the back garden.

There his young girl was being swung around by Axl, her pure laughter echoing the whole garden.

That sound was music to his ears.

While Axl then started to tickle the girl who just chucked water down him, he saw Alexa, being picked up by Simon.

He swung her up in the air causing her long hair to flail upwards and around while she giggled hysterically from the land.

It was only at that moment when it hit him.

He got up, Alexa's laughter still wringing vividly in his ears.

She hadn't laughed like that since Beatrix had been with them.

A single tear rolled down Daniels cheek.

He didn't want this.

He couldn't do this.

Maybe Alexa was better off with them.

——————————————————————————
A couple of hours later:

"And that's why I think I should step back as a parent" Daniel finished his rant to his therapist, sighing when he laid out the whole story.

Pure silence filled the zoom call as Daniels therapist took notes, until the silence ended and she looked up.

"Well come on, say something!" Daniel yelled to the other line.

"Daniel, do you quite understand how brave it is to put someone you love's happiness first, even though you won't be apart of it?" She said, looking at Daniel's expressions while she continued. "You may not think it, but the amount of parents who selfishly try to build a relationship, or take their children away from happiness to fulfil their own?" She questioned.

Daniel sighed, thinking of all the possible options he had, but knew there was one clear one.

"I think Alexa should stay with the brothers" he finally concluded.

——————————————————————————
Ed's POV

"I think Alexa should stay with the brothers" Daniel finally concluded.

I know I shouldn't have been eavesdropping.

But WHAT?

—————————————————————————
A/N: I'm not even going to apologise, you guys know the drill!!

I'm sorry if this felt rushed.

what do you think about Daniel's realisation?

Do you think he will do the right thing?

What do you think Ed will say?

Will he understand?

Or will he ban Alexa from Daniel completely?

Let me know what you think in the comments!!!!