Wolf Story pt 2

Wolf Story pt 2

Based on a different dream

Elliot cursed as he rode out of Howl's Creek with only seven of the ten men he'd brought.

He'd taken too much time toying with that bitch, and allowed those damned beasts time to mobilize against him.

She must have linked with the damned Alpha. It was the only explanation he could think of.

"Damn it."

He had taken too long to drug her. Had he just started with that, then she couldn't have sent that panic signal. They did manage a small conciliation prize. A freak among the freaks. The creature had been able to hold control over his beast during the blood moon. Perhaps it could offer him more information into the world of monsters.

Elliot glared at the mutilated ear, he had recovered after the blast. The last thing he needed was to lose such a valuable object. It covered his human scent and allowed him to instantly gain the trust of those damned monsters.

Most of his knowledge had come from years of study and planning, but 7 years ago, he had been lucky. He'd first spotted the monstrous black wolf.

It'd taken him 4 years to finally track, trap and capture the damn thing, and even then they had been lucky and the creature had been distracted.

It had been tracking, another wolf a rogue perhaps. Elliot waited for the black beast to wound the other animal, that way he could capture them both. But the monster had other plans. The creature turned his attention on Elliot, and released a furious howl.

The sound spooked the rogue and it darted away unscathed. Then it was just the black beast, versus Elliot. Had he been foolish enough and been alone the powerful creature would have ripped him to shreds, but Elliot's men were with him.

At first Elliot had wanted to slaughter the large beast, and use its pelt as a warning to others that dare defy him, but when he threw the creature into the holding cell something truly inspiring had happened.

All the other captured wolves went quiet, as if instantly tamed.

It took some time before Elliot finally deduced why.

The day after its capture, Elliot was surprised to see the human form of the creature sitting proudly, in the nude, in the very middle of the cage.

At first he thought it was a ploy, several of the creatures would try to sway them in human form. They would beg and plea and attempt to guilt his men into releasing them. Elliot personally slaughtered any that tried. Such tricks would not work on him, and his men didn't need to be tempted by monsters.

Compassion was for the weak.

He needed his men strong, he needed fighters.

The black giant didn't grovel in his weaker form. If anything he glared, eyes filled with deep hatred and pride. It gave the other captives hope.

That had to end.

If he could break the black beast, he could use it as a means of controlling the others for his own purposes. 

But even ripping an ear from his body couldn't break that damn pride.

Hopefully the lovely little Kiera could.

~~~~~~

Derrick smelled him before he ever walked in the door. He was covered in different scents. Smoke and charred wood, masked his usual smell of tabasco, but hidden beneath everything was the most wonderful aroma. It sent a rush of electricity and longing through his veins; vanilla and roasted coffee beans.