A visitor in the park

(Percy's POV)

I walked into the livingroom to see Nico sitting on the couch looking at a piece of paper. I walked behind him and lifted his chin up. Then I smiled and leaned down and gave him a kiss. "Hey, baby."

"Hey, Perc. Hey, can we get a bird?" He asked. 

I walked around the couch and sat besided him. "A bird?"

"Yeah, like a thing that flys. I really want an animal and I think we would be a good bird fathers." 

I smiled at him. "I like the idea, but we open our windows to much. It would fly out the window before we even had it a week."

"We can always get its wings clipped so it can't fly." He flipped the page and read what the back said.

"Why don't we get a puppy and name it bird?" I suggesed. I have always wanted a puppy. I know I have Mrs. O'Leary, but she can't fit into the apartment. Plus I'm sure she would be cool with being an older sister.

"We have Mrs. O'Leary at camp. Plus I really want a bird." Nico moved and laid down so his head would be in my lap.

"How about this. Why don't we get both? You get your bird and I get my puppy." I suggesed. 

He smiled up at me. "That way we both are happy?"

I smiled down at him. "That way we are both happy."

He smiled. He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me down so we could kiss. I smiled. "But, we have to get some liners for the window's so your bird doesn't fly out."

He jumped up and grabbed my hands. He yanked me off of the couch. "Let's go now!"

I laughed. "Nico! It's six thirty in the morning! No one is open."

-_-_-_- A week later -_-_-_-

I watched Nico look at all of the birds. He looked like a kid in a candy store. He kept pointing at them and giving me some facts about them then he would get distracted by a different bird. We had been here for going on an hour and Nico couldn't decide what one he wants.

I could tell that the dude behind the counter was getting frustraided, but I really didn't care. I smiled and watched Nico as he talked and talked and talked. I can't remmeber the last time he talked about something so much. (Besides about our relationship. He never shuts up about it.) 

"Hey, honey. Why don't we come back and you can choose?" I walked over to Nico and wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Wait, but I didn't get to show you all of them!" He gave me a pout.

"I know love, but the dude behind the counter is getting frustraided at us. They was supposed to be closed five minutes ago." I held in a laugh.

He huffed. "Fine, but we will come back tomorrow."

"Yes, we can come back tomorrow. I don't want you to have to wait longer than you should have to before you get your bird." I smiled down at him and we walked towards the front of the store.

I heard the guy mumble. "Have a good night."

Nico huffed under his breath to where only him and I could hear it. I rolled my eyes at Nico. "You ahve a nice night too."

When we got out the door, Nico started mocking the dude. "HaVe a NIve dAy!"

I laughed. "That's not very nice."

"Well, he was being rude and wouldn't let me get a bird." Nico huffed and crossed his arms.

I laughed again. "Well, it was me who had us leave not him."