thirteen.

LOST SOULS!
CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
if you want to end it, then end it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     𝕿𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑴𝑨𝑵𝒀 TIMES IN A DAY WHEN ADRIAN MARTIN WOULD WONDER TO HIMSELF: "WHAT ON EARTH AM I DOING". There were so many occurrences, but this one really took the cake as he said the phrases out loud repeatedly, almost like a mantra. As he hurried to the clinic where Scott worked, he used vocal persuasion to try to put up a barrier between himself and his conscience because the words in his head weren't persuasive enough. He said everything he didn't want to hear.

Unfortunately, the clinic was too far of a journey on foot. By the time he got there, Scott and Stiles would already be on their way to carry out whatever illogical scheme they had devised. Adrian wouldn't be able to get a hold of them after that, so he was forced to buy a bus ticket with his lunch money.

If you had told Adrian "wealthy, arrogant, star-player, pretty boy" Martin a year ago that he would be riding on public busses for none other than Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski of all people, he would've laughed in your face. The Martin family don't take the bus, so if anyone asks . . . he was never on one.

"Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that head of yours." Adrian flinched as he finally stepped off the bus, his heart flying high up in his chest when he heard the accented voice and accompanying steps magically walking beside him.

Cursing under his breath, the redhead stopped his hasty steps, which the blond soon imitated. "Jesus. Can't you wear a bell or something?"

"You'll get used to it." Toby Valack predicted with a shrug, his arms folded over his slim frame as they walked together. The clinic was now within eyesight, a distant blur that they advanced towards.

No further words were shared between them, but Adrian could tell from the persistent side glances that his friend had something to say. He eventually grew to be impatient with every step they took in silence, making it all the way to the front of the building before he snapped and spoke his mind. "Before you make your smartass comments, this doesn't mean anything."

He could feel the smile that spread across the young boy's face. "Oh? It doesn't?"

"No. It doesn't." Adrian declared strongly, shooting him a glare. "I'd just rather not have blood on my hands."

Too late, a sad part of him thought.

"And what do you plan on doing in there exactly?" Toby raised a quizzical brow, as if interrogating him.