Chapter 20: The Battle of the Colosseum

The Bullhead's doors opened as the invaders leapt out onto the grounds of the arena. Adam Taurus, Blake Belladonna and Weiss Schnee along with a few dozen White Fang members who stayed loyal to their leader. The arena's gigantic display screens crackled to life as they witnessed the Joker in front of what looked to be Yang Xiao Long strapped down onto an operating table.

(Y/N): "Welcome one and all to Vale's first ever circus extravaganza! Here we have shocking exhibits!..."

(Y/N) seemed to stare down the remaining members of Team RWBY as he continued to administer electroshock therapy to Yang again. Laughing as he did it.

(Y/N): "As well as..."

As if on cue, the arena's terrain began to change, the dull grey floor was replaced with fields of tall grass. Luckily the group was at the centre, so they watched as the land around them began to shift.

(Y/N): "The chance to dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight."

The transmission cut off as gunfire began to whistle all around them, Weiss created an ice wall to protect the group. Meanwhile, Blake leapt off to find Yang; Adam followed close behind. As per the plan, Weiss and the White Fang members kept the Clown's attention on them.

WFM: "Never thought I'd find myself fighting alongside a Schnee!"

Hollered a wolf faunus, as he fired bursts from his assault rifle into the ambusher's presumed locations.

Weiss: "Now's not the time for jokes! Keep them pinned!"

WFM 2: "But they have us pinned!"

Weiss: "Unpin yourselves, then!"

Weiss summoned a Beowolf, sending it out only for it to be gunned down and destroyed. She cursed to herself, Adam's men were now dying already in the crossfire. She had to do something to keep the plan in motion.

The two former partners ran down the hallways of Amity Colosseum, cutting down all of (Y/N)'s goons who dared try and oppose them. With a slight twist, Adam was the more reserved fighter. Keeping his strength for when they inevitably had to face (Y/N) and whatever crazy plan he had cooked up. Blake was raging forward, a killer's eye behind a featureless gas mask was the last the Joker's henchmen saw. She swung Gambol Shroud around with impunity, lacking the graceful fighting style she was most known for.

Adam: "This friend must mean alot for you to voluntarily to go toe-to-toe with the Joker of all people."

Blake: "Yes, Yang does."

She said back.

Adam: "I just wish I could've seen devotion like that for the cause."

Blake: I did show devotion, Adam. I tried, I really did."

She explained as they flew further and further into the Joker's base of operations.

Adam: "It doesn't matter anyhow, the White Fang has lost it's grip on Vale. Many deserted after the massive Atlesian presence showed up. From what was left of us, many joined the Joker, few stayed. It was all for nothing, in the end."

Adam's statement was wrought with disappointment. Blake knew how much the White Fang meant to him. She couldn't even begin to comprehend how lost he was. Even though right now he's fighting alongside her for a common goal, there was nothing in the future for the movement.

Blake: "I-..."

Adam reached out with his arm and stopped Blake on the spot.

Adam: "Wait..."

Someone was rounding the corner, no there were more sets of feet that could be heard.

A slow clap began to be heard. Blake and Adam held their blade handles tightly.

The Joker chuckled as he revealed himself. In all his glory. Along with Yang Xiao Long and Velvet Scarletina. They were flanking him on either side. Both wore face-paint, they had on jumpsuits, coloured red and black. Their faces were void of emotion, unfeeling. It was as if they were dolls, dolls to be controlled and played around with. The Joker himself held a grenade launcher in hand, and had on a clown mask.

Blake: "What did you do to them?"

Blake asked, half accusatory and half horrified. No reply.

Adam: "He forced them to become puppets for him to control."

Adam pointed Wilt directly at the Joker. Ready to smite his being from the surface of Remnant

He raised his grenade launcher, firing a smoke grenade at Adam and Blake. Yang and Velvet charged forward, Blake was tackled to the ground by Velvet, though the cat faunus didn't want to hurt her. Blake put away her weapon as she engaged in hand to hand with her fellow faunus.

Adam headed into the smoke to try and find the Joker. But with his gas mask on, he had poor visibility. All of a sudden, he was punched in the back unexpectedly.

He could see the fiery blonde with her gauntlets at the ready. Yang's hair burst in flames as she ran at Adam with all she got.

Yang: "Must...fight... for... MASTER!"

She spoke almost like a preprogrammed machine. Adam held Wilt at the ready. But he knew he had to prevent himself from seriously hurting Yang. Blake would want that.

Adam: "Well then... Yang, count yourself lucky."

He said, sheathing his weapon. Adam cracked his knuckles beneath his gloves. It's been a while since he'd been in a fistfight.

Meanwhile, Velvet was almost rabidly attacking Blake. She was unrelenting and ruthless. A far cry from the innocent, caring person she was known for back at Beacon.

Velvet: "You... will... DIE!

She screamed.

Blake: "Stop! This isn't you!"

Blake attempted to reason with her. Velvet had a similar look in her eyes to (Y/N). For a brief moment, Blake contemplated the unthinkable. But she quickly brushed that out of her head.

Blake: "No one is going to die anymore..."

She furiously looked at the Joker, who watched untouched, uncaring and seemingly invincible as Blake and Adam did battle not with him, but with his puppets. That only infuriated her even more.

Blake pushed Velvet off of her, wrapping her ribbon around her legs. Tripping her and giving her an uppercut that resulted her getting flung into the ceiling. Velvet was dazed, but a kick from Blake into her temple was enough to knock her out.

While Adam had thrown away the concept of a fair fist fight, now blocking Yang's hooks with the blunt edge of Wilt. Blake was now fixated on the Joker, who still stood there with his arrogant visage.

She charged at him, readying her blade.

Dodging a squirt from his acidic spray, Blake saw that he was attempting to run. She flung her weapon in a way that it would wrap around his neck.

The Joker gagged as Blake pulled him back towards her. She planted her boot firmly on his chest, holding her sword to his neck.

Blake: "It's over now. This... is all over. We stopped you..."

He stayed silent, Blake scoffed at his unwillingness to speak.

She wasted no time arguing with him on morality or righteousness. Simply driving her weapon into his chest.

The maniacal clown let out a cry of pain as his body feel limp. All that power all that mysticism, gone in an instant.

Yang: "NOOOOO!"

Blake was sent flying as Yang had left her fight with Adam to intervene. The blonde didn't attempt to harm Blake any further as she picked up the dead body of the Joker and fled the scene. A device dropped from his right hand.

A rumbling noise followed soon after. The entire superstructure of the Colosseum groaned in agony.

Blake took a closer look at the device dropped from the dead body. Adam walked up beside her to examine it as well.

Blake: "Deadman's switch..."