Chapter 12: Escaped and Ensnared

The door into the holding room was blocked with every chair or table Team _RDL could find. The three of them brandishing their weapons as if their life depended on it. 

Because they did.

(Y/N): "Open the door, you three know this only ends in one way."

Sky: "And that would be?"

He asked, with a mix of meek and brave.

(Y/N): "With you burnt to a crisp..."

The sentence was followed with explosive laughter.

Dove: "And what makes you think that you're ever getting out of there? We're not letting you out of there after... after what you just did to Cardin!"

(Y/N): "Oh, please. A smile always makes the blues go away. "

He giggled behind the reinforced titanium door, the word 'blues' a crude reference as to what happens to the face when it is deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time..

(Y/N): "And what makes you think that you're letting me out? I'm letting myself out. Dummies."

A few seconds later, the door began to sizzle. Strong acid from (Y/N)'s flower ate away at the hardened steel. Which exposed a hole for (Y/N)'s laugh-inducing eyes to peer out of. Team _RDL had no defense against this. As (Y/N)'s capture had been on such short notice, semblance-dampening handcuffs were not acquired on time for (Y/N)'s entire plan to be set into motion.

Team _RDL was too busy laughing their heads off to try and stop (Y/N) from simply walking out of the room.

(Y/N): "Dismissed, gentlemen."

He tipped a non-existent hat at the incapacitated team as he shot the last of his remaining purple-colored acid at them, before making his way to the dock to commandeer a Bullhead. His makeup had long deteriorated and shed off his face to reveal the visage of a mad, psychotic being. His eyes were sleep deprived after long nights of planning and weighing calculations, his skin was irritated from having makeup on most of the time and his scars were ever uglier. But now, because of the sudden mass incursion of Grimm monsters. Beacon was devoid of life, save for his incapacitated cell guards.

The overwhelming joy of his successful plan even prompted him to do a little pompous skipping as he ran down the hallways of the emptied school. (Y/N) had just outsmarted the entirety of Beacon, and the revered Professor Ozpin. Asserting his position as the dominant threatening figure in the entire Kingdom of Vale.

But, there was one last loose end to tie up. Then, time would eventually come for Phase II of his masterpiece. 

Meanwhile...

Ruby and Weiss were able to sneak past a group of Beowolves scouring the area for vulnerable prey. As they had a more pressing objective at hand then slaughtering the Grimm, which said a lot as to the importance of this rogue mission. The call was traced to the very outskirts of Vale's urban vicinity. Thanks to the CCT, they would finally have a way to one-up the Joker. 

Weiss: "Ruby, are you sure the co-ordinates were correctly recorded?"

Ruby: "Positive."

She replies, gazing at her scroll to help navigate through the worn-down slums of the neglected outer buildings.

The navigator eventually led them to an isolated building. Cracked and crumbling in some places, it looked like it was about to collapse any second. Ruby ushered Weiss into the desolate ruin, where they looked around for any sign of Taiyang's presence.