Chapter 16: A Huntress' Fate

Yang's hair burst into flames, comparable to the fury of a thousand suns. The Joker chuckled before he flicked a cigarette at her, disappearing deeper into the maze of alleyways. Using her flaming hot semblance as a fire source, she scoured the area in search for him.

(Y/N):: "How've things been, Sunny Little Dragon?"

She heard his deep, sinister chuckle echo.

Yang: "Fine, if you're expecting something from me you can use in a pun. Forget it."

(Y/N):: "I know you want so badly to smash my head into smithereens."

(Y/N) mocked from the shadows. Yang still couldn't place her finger on where he was, he sounded like he was everywhere

Yang: "Good, it hurts more if you expect it."

She shot back, both her gauntlets were at the ready. All of a sudden, she heard the distinct sound of running footsteps behind her. Turning around quickly, she shot at where she heard the sound coming from. Grunting in frustration when it hit nothing but air. Another burst of fire hit her from behind, so powerful that it weakened her aura considerably. She turned to see (Y/N) with an SMG in hand, along with a short colorful girl carrying a parasol by his side, her palm outstretched.

(Y/N): "Can't we just talk this out like ladies and gentlemen?"

He asked courteously.

Yang; "Die!"

She yelled out, charging forth. (Y/N) turned to Neo and nodded to her. She giggled a little and moved to engage.

Yang's path to (Y/N) was suddenly blocked by this girl no more than four feet tall. She attempted to send a barrage of attacks her way, only to be met with Neo dodging her punches with pure elegance.

Yang growled in anger, only resorting to attempting to hit her at least once. Neo simply evaded her attacks and took every opportunity to smack her with her umbrella where it was the most unexpected. All the while, (Y/N) sat comfortably on a box, content as he took a few handfuls out of a tub of popcorn

(Y/N): "Encore!"

Ultimately, Yang was beginning to tire out, Neo had skill along with the power of the Fall Maiden behind her. The latter of which she confident enough to not have to resort to. (Y/N) just watched closely.

Yang: "Nothing but his doll..."

She breathed out. Neo, with a calm expression on her face, scoffed in reply.

(Y/N): "This fight is boring, finish it already."

He jeered, throwing some popcorn towards Yang. She turned and charged towards him, only to be grabbed in the ankle by Neo's hook handle and tripped. Smacking her head hard against the concrete, Neo then stomped her high heeled boot down onto Yang's head. Putting herself into a daze. Significantly weakening her aura to the breaking point. (Y/N) and Neo stood above her, the former with a revolver in hand.

(Y/N): "Disappointing."

He said, with a sly smile and a slow shake of his head. Cocking his pistol and pointing it straight at her head.

Yang: "So that's your master plan? You're just gonna shoot and kill me like a wounded animal?"

She struggled to say. Laying defeated and tired, as her male attacker chuckled. Neo walked off out of sight.