New Year

"Stiles! Can we just go to school before we're late!" I yelled at my brother, who decided to make a quick pitstop at the station to talk to our dad about Theo.

"I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten. His older sister died in an accident when he was eight." He said, and I followed him into the office, shutting the door behind me.

"Please go to school," Dad said.

"Thank you! Now can we go?" I tried to grab him, but he pushed me off.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf." He said, and we look at him like he's an idiot.

"Your best friend is a werewolf. Your sister is dating a werewolf, and she's an elemental, and so is her best friend and her whole family. You are dating a werecoyote." Dad pointed out. "And I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."

"What did you do?" Stiles suddenly said.

"What? What do you mean, "What did I do"?" Dad asked him.

"There's something different about you. Casey, back me up here." Stiles said, but I had absolutely no idea what he was going on about.

"Don't know, don't care! Let's go!" I said, grabbing his hand to pull him away, but he wrenched his hand out of my grip.

"What are you talking about?" He asked him, and that's when Stiles got up in his grill for literally no reason.

"What is it?" He wondered, acting all weird. "What's different?"

"For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school!" He exclaimed, pushing him away

"I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens." He said, and I groaned in annoyance.

"No. Know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion." Dad told him, and I facepalmed because I knew he wasn't the only one.

"Why did you just say that?" I whined, not wanting to be here any longer.

"Except you're not the only one." Stiles reminded him.

"Parrish!"

-

"Casey! Finally!" Jocelyn said when I ditched my brother, and I smiled at her. "Are you okay? Firass told me what happened."

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to take it slow for a few days until I'm back up to speed." I told her, and she hugged me.

"I'm surprised I even got to you before Liam did. So, why were you late?" She asked me.

"My brother wanted to run a background check on Theo and his family, and all we found was an old speeding ticket. He's acting paranoid for no reason. It's a new year, and I don't want to deal with any kind of supernatural drama." I said, looking over, and that's when my eyes caught Theo's again. This time I could see him better since it was daylight, and he was hot, I'll admit that. But his eyes- They were hazel. Hazel eyes.

"Casey? Whoa, that's Theo? He got hot." She said, gawking at him, and for some reason that didn't sit well with me.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, um, don't you have a boyfriend?" I ask her, and she waved me off, the both of us walking off into the school.

"It's not like I'm cheating. I was just glimpsing at him." She said.

"More like gawking." I giggled when she playfully hit me.

Wildflower [4]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara