It takes me a second to think of somewhere to go. ''The mall,'' I decide. I've only been there a few times — the best being with Bella. It was the only time we never had any trouble.

''The one we went to together?'' She asks. I nod. ''Why?'' Her mouth tilts downwards, eyebrows raised, sensing there's something she doesn't know.

''If you refuse on letting me get you anything, then I'll at least take you out for dinner.'' She opens her mouth to protest. ''Before you say anything, I'm not taking no for an answer,'' I interject. She tightens her arms, huffing and puffing deep breaths of air.

''Fine.'' I can see her inner smile radiating through her eyes. ''When do we leave?''

''3?'' I suggest. I don't care what time we go, but it seems a good one to pick.

She smiles, already jumping out of bed to prepare. ''Okay.'' 

I smile as I watch her hurry across the room. ''Baby, we have hours yet.'' I don't know if we do, but I turn my eyes to the clock. Just after half-past ten. ''Literally hours.''

''I know. I just want to be ready on time.'' I shake my head, laying down to get a better view.

September 29th, 3:44 pm

''You're so perfect, you know?'' I mutter, pulling Bella off my bike. I got my car back a few days ago, but I had to bring my bike. Nothing is better than her on my bike, legs trapped against mine. I can feel her every breath, movement. It's the best feeling ever.

She ignores my comment. Not out of spite, I just don't think she can accept it. Her eyes trail down to the bike. ''I hate that thing you know.'' She tries to hide her smile, but the flush in her face gives her away.

''Why do you think I make you go on it?'' I laugh, dragging her to the entrance.

Her face lights up when she sees indoors. The same way it did the first time we came here. ''Wow!'' She exclaims, running over to the balcony. ''It looks even better than before.'' She's right. It's lighter out today, and the chandelier reflects the golden sun down the halls. Her body leaps over the edge, and she smiles as she tilts her head up to the sky.

''Careful,'' I warn, keeping a hold of her back. She couldn't fall, but I hold on anyways. 

She jumps away from the edge, then walks away. ''I'm fine.'' 

I run a little before catching up. ''How are you feeling?'' I ask when I look at her face. She looks almost hurt, but angry at the same time. I can't understand why.

She ensures her eyes don't meet mine. ''Okay.''

I place a hand on her shoulder, stopping her in her tracks. ''Tell me.''

''Liam was here.''

''What—?'' I don't have a clue what she's on about. Liam is gone for good, but my eyes still scan the floor for him.

''When we came here, the first time, he was in the bathroom.''

''He . . .'' I trail. ''What?'' I say, breathlessly.

''Why else did you think I just left in the middle of the night?'' She laughs. It's totally fake, I can't even detect any truth inside it.

''Come,'' I declare as I steer her towards a bench. ''Start from the beginning.'' When Bella lost her memories, I never got any answers. Then her mom died, and I didn't get a chance to ask for them.

''There's really not much to tell—'' She says, still not looking me in the eyes.

I tilt her face to look at me. ''Bella.'' I place a hand along her arm, moving it so I can rub it along her wrist. ''Please,'' I beg.