Cathy walked to him to stop him from asking, but he was right. "It was me. I didn't mean to." Rolling his tongue, he sighed and shook his head after glaring at me amazed. "Allan. Let's just check on his health. Putting blames right now won't help-"

  "-Then why did you call me here anyway? It's obvious his case his hopeless. Not only is he losing blood due to the stab, his meridians are way busted. I don't know what to do about his condition if he doesn't wake up on his own!"

Taking out a blood bag from his bag, he enclosed the room with some curtains and made him drink it.

"Although I've fed him a bit of the blood from the clinic, the twenty four hours from now is dangerous. It's irresponsible on your part to share blood with this specie! You should keep a keen eye on him. He might get out of hand or run away due to your blood."

  My heart skipped a beat. I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him almost tearing up. Was he dying because of me? Why would he get out of hand or run away? Turning to him with an anxious and confused expression, I said, "What do you mean?

He sighed before taking out some documents from his suitcase to complete the diagnosis. "To be specific your blood preserved his life temporarily.  But he was a human before Ian bit him when he was eight.

Your werewolf blood clashes with the vampire blood. Moreover, since he's human, he might die. 20 percent chance of survival. But if he survives, he'll no longer be human, either a full vampire or full werewolf. He'll have to fully feed to stay alive. Looking at his compassion for humans, he'll rather starve himself."

Cathy walked him to the door leaving me with him. A trickle of tear glided down my cheek. I saved him, but he was still in danger. He was no longer a human because of my recklessness. How will I ever face him? Was he right to want to stay away from me?  My phone started ringing again.

Cathy pulled him out to talk him out on blaming him. But I knew he was right. When I turned to his unconscious state, guilt rushed down my eyes. He started murmuring uncontrollably grasping on to the bedsheets tightly. But as I attempted to move closer, my phone beeped. Frustrated, I picked the call lashing out on the receiver,"What is it?!" He cleared his throat before replying, "I need your help. Someone attacked Jess!"

I raised my head checking the number. "Where is she? I'm coming over!" I run out turning to Cathy with worry plastered on my face.

She assented with her eyes assuring to take care of Max. "I'll be back soon!" I dashed to the school by a taxi surprised to see an effective and fierce crowd still protesting when classes were in session. My phone beeped again with a notification and message from the police officer.

A message from the school group and in the video a lot of girls were lined up at the back of the school.

They were dead and the principal stood by them setting them on a platform.

Some were being thrown into the forest while others were buried there. A few who were rich were cremated secretly to avoid being caught. With the angry press, I found the police officer stepping out of his car.

  "Miss Dickson. Can I have a minute?" As I folded my lips, Nathan waved me with his hands. "Are you going to arrest me for Tricia's death?" He let out a sigh and shook his head. "The authenticity of the evidence against you isn't verified. We can't act without verification. I'm here for an important reason."

  I looked up after dropping my phone in my bag. "Here. Janessa's ex-husband retrieved this extra copy in her safe yesterday. It's the documents your mom gathered against Ian. With this, we can file a case against him."

  When he pulled out some documents, I felt my heart lightened from one burden at least. With this, we can arrest him and make others aware so he can't hurt anymore people. I'll also master the spell and put an end to him right when he's around the police.

"I'll get going and distribute this to all social media and the police. Rest assured!" Smiling, I lowered my head to greet him. He nodded and walked back to his car to drive off. As I watched him, I heard Nathan calling me.

I turned off the phone and rushed to him. She was hiding under a table shaking all over. "Jess...what happened to you?" She shook her head burying her face in her arms.

"She came back from the back of the school this morning and hid there," Nathan explained. Monitoring her reaction after coming back from the backyard, I had an intuition.

"Are you the one who posted this?" I asked showing her the video. She turned immediately, throwing my phone on the floor.

My guess was right. She was caught videoing their acts and thus she hid to protect herself. "Please take care of her. I have an unsettled business for now." He squabbled sighing as he watched me leave. But as the police officer's car passed by, his face turned pale.

Parents were still outside when I got out. Police patrols had gathered rushing inside the school.

The ambulance parked in front and the press arrived trying to get into the school while the guards shoved them away. "Come out Mrs. Kimberly or we'll drag you out!" the police yelled pointing their guns towards each escape point in the school.

I run back to the house after jumping the wall to avoid the press. "What happened? Where's he?" I asked looking at the empty bed.

Cathy got up crying, "I couldn't stop him. He left. He's a full vampire now and he's looking for you." I scanned her critically furrowing my eyebrows.

"He's searching for you to kill you. You should stay away from him for sometime," she explained before pulling me from the room.

"He's a full vampire now. Don't you get it. Your scent is the first he'll look for. You need to run." I noticed her arm had a little cut.

I raised her hand staring at her curiously, "Did he do this to you"? She jerked her hand away and nodded sadly. "He didn't even remember me after knowing him for sixteen years. I don't know what he might do to you!"

I looked out without hesitation running outside. "He'll remember me. He needs me now," I cried . Cathy called out to me but I didn't turn back. I rushed to the woods and checked his cottage but he wasn't there. Where are you?

On the streets, Max walked gallantly clustering about. His eyes illuminated red more than before, scaring the wits out of the people. As he marched around aimlessly on the streets, those who were around him quickly stepped back shouting.

With the hoodie falling out on his sideview, everyone around realized that they were seeing a live vampire on the streets. People took out their phones and started taking videos and pictures while others murmured, "Who's that?" Hearing this, he twisted his head slightly and raised his hand. He quickly turned to one of them and grabbed him by the neck.

The wind began rustling dangerously, blowing this apart. He charged at him making the people around scream on top of their lungs.

His movements were showcased in the screens across the city. "The city's is in chaos. A vampire is out in the open, roaming about on the streets. Please stay home. I repeat please stay home," the broadcaster announced.

Due to the lightning, the street lights were unstable. It was inconsistent and blinking over the streets as the cars crashed against each other. A few drivers looked out in surprise, ending up crashing with each other too. My eyes widened when I saw him attack a man on the large screen.

I scurried to that street. After Ian saw the news if the Beverly on news and saw Max walking around exposed, he quickly approached that street. Standing in his way, Max raised his head fuming with anger. "Arghh!" Max screamed attacking Ian, who attempted a strike on him first.

    Comment 🌺 Vote 🌺 Share