Gaia closed her eyes, slowly kissing me back. Her fingers reluctantly curled in my arms. Her action made me risk coming closer to her until our chests were pressed to each other.

I pulled reluctantly, not plunging my tongue inside and ravishing her as I had craved. Her cheek was flushed a deep red. Her beautiful eyes widen in surprise, the blush replacing with sorrow and regret.

She took a step back and pushed the steel-barred door closed, her eyes not leaving mine for a beat. She feels the connection, the pull I have towards her. But there it was, the fragile steel bars for formality. Why couldn't I just let her be in the room? Why couldn't I tell her how much I loved her? She would have believed me the same day when I met her on the balcony of her house. Instead, I sent blank threats her way.

But the damage was done. I lowered my head as shame as regret washed over me. With a heavy heart, I clicked the lock into place. Gaia gave her back to me and I was glad she couldn't see my own heart breaking as I closed the door, leaving her alone.

 Gaia gave her back to me and I was glad she couldn't see my own heart breaking as I closed the door, leaving her alone

I rush to the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror, I check my reflection. Lifting my hand to cover the blush, my shameless crimson cheeks that still feel the warmth of Kazimir's touch. I grimace, looking at myself with disgust. Kazimir is the enemy's son. He had kidnapped me, locked me, left me on the floor, and the cheap trick with the rats. I feel embarrassed every time I think about it. And the attempts to fill my head with the horrors of BDSM. Forgetting all that, I kissed him back. Because he left me tasty meals, the perfect gym for my sore legs because I hadn't used them for a week now. Courtesy of his abduction ploy.

I peel my clothes sticking to my body with the sweat in anger, almost ripping its seams, and soak my flustered body in the bathtub. Slowly, I slid down under the water, till it covered my ears, blocking my thoughts submerging into peaceful thoughts.

Nero entered the room without a knock. I groaned in frustration and tossed the empty bowl of popcorn at him, missing the shot with a wide range. Nero chuckled, rummaging in my vanity toppling over the rows of lipsticks.

"What the f-fuck, Nero. As if b-barging into my bedroom wasn't e-enough you are going through my s-stuff." I thunder.

"Then come and stop me." He mocked, making fun of my crippled state.

"Nero you c-can't keep d-doing this.." I shriek. "What If was c-changing." I bit my lip, feeling the heat crawling on my cheek.

Nero turned around, his eyebrows climbing up. Leaning his hip to the vanity, he gave me a smug look, making me tear my gaze from him.

"Carina is in the living room. Then who the fuck will help you bathe and changing." He snorted. My jaw dropped at his nonchalant statement. This is why I don't like him. No. I hate him. His blatant statements, and the lack of filters, always make me grimace.

"You son of a bitch. I don't need help bathing." I roar, twisting in the bed to reach for something to throw at him. His lips parted to say something rude, maybe point out that it means that I haven't bathed in one and half months since my fracture. So, I felt the need to correct that.