He said with a smirk, "I know, but I set the rules of the deal, so I can change them to my own liking. And I want you to work for me to pay off your debt."

"You want me to operate and take care of your men if they are shot or injured?" I asked him.

Chuckling, he shook his head. "I know you can offer better service," he said, tilting his head. "You didn't tell me you were a cardiologist."

"What do you want from me?" I asked him cautiously. "I want you to do heart transplants for me. It is paid high on the black market. And now I have the main tool for it, I mean you, you are my main tool, I can offer some hearts on the black market," he told me.

I looked at him fiercely, not letting him intimidate me at all, telling him firmly, "I'm not a murderer, Mr. Cortez, I'm a doctor, I heal. And this deal is over. You got your money as I promised." Then, I left his office, not waiting for an answer.

His men didn't stop me as I left the villa and went to my car. "Shit," I cussed, leaning my head against the steering wheel, wondering:

Did I mess things up more while trying to fix them?

I guess, I had to wait and see.

ONE WEEK LATER

Calina's pov

I watched my daughter.

After her operation, I was afraid that she would have any complications during the healing time, that was also why I wanted to stay by her side so that I could react quickly if any complications occurred.

"No offence, but you smell like my right foot, and my right foot smells disgusting," Bob said next to me.

Smiling a little, I turned sideways, looking at him, asking with a raised brow, "And the left one smells nice?"

"That isn't our topic right now, our topic is my left foot," he said, making me huff.

"And that it smells disgusting, like me, thanks!" I patted his shoulder, rolling my eyes.

"You're welcome, go home and take a shower," he told me. "But--"

"I'll be here, watching her, I promise," he said. "I'll take a shower in the hospital," I muttered, refusing to leave my baby.

"You need to rest, sugar. You look like your body will shut down any second," he claimed seriously. "Alright," I gave in, "but you'll call me if something happens."

"I promise," he smiled, hugging me, "go home and rest a little."

Sighing, I nodded my head, before pulling away from his embrace and leaving.

To rest a little. Have a little break, which I really needed. Cancer made me feel sick, I recently got fever and recurring nosebleeds out of nowhere, but not let it show, not wanting them to worry about me.

I knew I had to start my treatment soon before cancer would completely take over my body.

IN THE MEANTIME

Esmeralda's pov

I was in the UK. He took me back after I told him I felt pregnant. And I couldn't wait to see my Leonardo after all those years. I had missed my baby boy so much.

But I knew I had to be patience and . If I rushed things, I could ruin everything. Now, I was lying on a bed while a doctor checked with an ultrasound device if I was pregnant or not.

And I prayed that I was pregnant. I didn't lie to him when I told him I felt pregnant. I was late on my period, and had morning sickness for a week now.