Chapter 6

He drives recklessly as Hunter and I sit in the backseat. Hunter cowers in fear and crams himself into the corner.

"Why haven't you given up yet! Just let us go!" I hiss.

He just laughs and continues to drive. I sigh. I know I'm acting all tough on the outside, but on the inside I just want to break down and cry out in fear. I'm petrified of what might happen, but I know I can't show how frightened I am in front of Hunter.

"I told you, you can't escape from me" he says.

"We'll see about that." I say dryly.

"Yeah, well you can try all you want but I will find you no matter what."

He slams on the gas pedal and we speed down the road until we end up at a strange building. It is a tiny house made of bricks and a large roof with a chimney protruding from the top.

"What are we doing here?" I ask in a rude tone.

He doesn't respond, instead he grabs both of our arms and pulls us out of the car.

"You'll see." A spine chilling smirk creeps across his face.

He drags us to the front door and opens it. The inside is different than the original house. It is clean kept and everything is neatly put away. Instead of blood, the scent of Lavender and Fresh Linen immediately fill my nose.

"Where are we?" I ask.

He doesn't respond. Instead, he continues to drag us.

After a few minutes we end up in front of a doorway that leads to a large room. He forecefully pushes us inside causing me to stumble and fall. I quickly turn around and my eyes dart to the man. Before I have any time to do anything, he stuffs a soaking rag in my mouth and my vision goes foggy. Soon, everything goes black.

********************************

When I wake up, the scent of blood immediately fills my nose. I lean to sit up, but am stopped by leather straps holding me down on a large wooden table. My heart skips a beat as I think back to my dream. I whip my head to the left to see another table with straps. Luckily, it is empty. I sigh in relief and lay my head down. I know there is no use in fighting against the straps. They're way too strong.

After a few seconds I hear faint murmurs in another room. The whispers become louder, and an ear splitting scream catches me by surprise. Hunter?!

The screams gradually soften and suddenly fall silent. The room becomes quiet and I can hear my own heart beat. My breathing becomes heavier as I hear footsteps. They stop at the entrance of the large metal door and the hinges squeak as I watch it open. A man comes into view. I half expect to see Hunter, but he's not there.

"Where's Hunter." I say through my teeth.

"Don't worry." He smirks. "He's safe. Maybe" he laughs.

I narrow my eyes into slits as I lean to sit up, forgetting about the straps. He strides over to a small cherrywood desk and slides open a drawer. I strain my neck to see, but I can't turn my head far enough. I sigh as I listen and hear him rummaging around for something before finally closing the drawer.

The man walks over to me and lays a needle down on a small metal tray beside me. My heart begins beating faster. He glances over at me before grabbing a key out of his pocket and walking away. I hear him fumble around with the key before shutting the door and locking it from the outside.

Thoughts race through my mind and I do everything I can to think of a plan. I squeeze my eyes shut and think for a few seconds before opening them back up again. Nothing.

After about two minutes I look to my left and see a knife laying on the tray. Perfect. I reach my fingers towards the tray but it's too far way. My hand stretches as far as it can go but it's no use. I know it's nearly impossible but I can't give up now. I manoeuvre my hand and position it so that I am able to reach the tray. My fingers stretch as far as I can and I feel the smooth handle of the knife. I wrap my finger around the handle and pull it towards me, but a shooting pain suddenly rushes through my hand causing me to drop the knife. It hits the floor and my heart skips a beat.

I strain my neck to look around for any other way to escape, but there is no other way. Hot tears rush down my cheeks as I struggle to fight against the straps. There's no use anymore. I can't escape this. I might as well accept my fate as it is. I don't want to die like this, but this might just be the way it is.
----------------------------------
Hey guys. I'm sorry this update sucks and it's short but I haven't updated in forever and I hate to leave you hanging so here it is. I hope you like it! Vote and comment for more updates :) ilysm💕 -Sam