Chapter 8

I slowly opened my eyes to reveal a dark room with a window on the far side of the wall. The moonlight shone through giving me just enough light to see around. Where am I? I thought to myself. hesitantly stood up and stumbled to the window and tried lifting it, but to my disappointment it was locked.

I tried pounding on it in hope to break it, but my body ached and I was fatigued. I tried to think back to what happened before this, but my mind was blank and cloudy. I vaguely remembered being strapped down to a chair before passing out. I don't recall anything after that.

Suddenly, I heard the doorknob turn and a man walked in, interrupting me from my thoughts. He kept silent as he leisurely took a step towards me.

"Follow me" he whispered as he grabbed my arm and jerked me forward. I reluctantly followed him down the corridor. Suddenly, everything came rushing back to me, what happened before I blacked out. I knew where we were going. I clenched my teeth and shook nervously as we walked down the hallway.

"We're here" he said. He nudged me into the room and followed behind me. I stood in the middle of the room as I prepared myself for what was about to happen. The screen clicked on as I expected and it displayed the familiar words:

Katherine Rhodes #452

Worst Fear:

It scrolled and scrolled until it came to an abrupt stop. My eyes widened in horror.

Worst Fear: Fear of loss

My heart sank and my stomach began to feel queasy. The lights flickered on and I turned around to see the man exiting the room leaving me alone in my thoughts.
--------------------------
Hey guys! I'm really sorry if this update isn't as long as you expected because it's extremely short, but I had to update soon and I've been really busy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please comment and vote it helps a lot and I appreciate it too! :) ilsym💚 -Sam