𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Red mixed with white, blue mixed with green. It was a beautiful mess of colors and images, coming out of their own hands, creating a new world within a simple canvas. It's rather weird, being able to be the barer of such beauty.

Rory continued to switch glances between her own canvas and then towards Klaus', silently watching every movement he made, making an attempt to copy them herself. But no matter how hard she seemed to try, hers seemed to just end up a mess. She really did have the patience for it. And she really couldn't stay in the chair she was seated in for more than a minute.

The room they were in, grand and open, had a single window open, wafting in a breeze from the outside, the only sounds being made were from Rory moving. From her legs held to her chest, to tucked underneath her, to sprawled out onto the table in front of her.

Rory just couldn't stay still.

And at the point she was at with her own painting, it was beyond recognition of what it was supposed to be. What was it supposed to be? Well, Rory didn't actually know. When she stared at Klaus' as he sat right beside her, his tongue sticking slightly out of his mouth in concentration, she would cock her head slightly to the side, trying her hardest to figure out what it was.

A frog? A shoe? A cloud? Who knows.

"Are you still working, or are you just looking at mine?" Asked Klaus, turning his head after a few minutes of listening to Rory tap her paintbrush incisively on the table.

"Just looking at yours," Rory admitted, "It actually looks really good, I love the part where it--" She leaned forward and ran a finger a few inches from the canvas--"Goes like that. Very pretty."

"How does yours look?" Klaus asked her, setting his ow stuff down, then grabbing a towel ad wiping his hands.

"Terrible."

Klaus just shook his head, "Come on, Aurora, it can't be all that bad at all. I know you've got a creative mind up in there."

Rory just grimaced as she looked at the painting before turning it around to show Klaus, clearly not even in the slightest bit shamed as to how it turned out. Klaus just stared at it, trying his hardest to hold in his reaction.

"Oh yeah, it looks... great," he told her, his eyebrows scrunched together as he pursed his lips, trying to hold in a laugh, or a smile, or a sarcastic douchebag remark.

"Don't lie."

"No, you're totally right. It looks awful."

Rory turned the canvas back so she could look at it, squinting her eyes to see if she could find even a simple redeeming quality, but she just ended up shrugging her shoulders and dipping her paintbrush into the black paint and then drawing two dots and a line making a smile.