𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Sure, Aurora Salvatore has seen Kol Mikaelson before. Very few times, very quick conversations, but she has seen him. But those times, were all because of an ability she possessed. Others wouldn't have been able to see her. So when she saw Kol inside the coffin, a dagger through his heart, she had to look at everyone else to make sure they were seeing him too.

Rebekah, Elijah, and Klaus, all looked as if they were on the brink of tears, seeing a sibling of theirs that they haven't in years. Klaus was feeling nothing but regret, knowing that he had been the cause of it. But he swore to himself, right then and there, that he was going to keep his family together. No matter what.

"Is that- is that actually him?" Rebekah whispered, almost as if she were afraid she was going to get caught.

Katherine walked up, and cocked her head to the side, almost in a scrutinizing manner, "I mean, even when he's dead he looks like a maniac." 

Rory let out a small gasp, elbowing Katherine in her side, "That's mean."

Klaus and Elijah then proceeded to walk over to the second of the two coffins, lifting it up revealing another Mikaelson. Finn. Rory stood off to the side, and caught a glimpse of his body before looking back at Kol, somehow memorizing his face. He looked calm.

"So, how do we do this?" asked Katherine, standing in the middle, "Do we just rip the daggers out and pray that they turn out okay in the head?"

A moment of silent contemplation ran through the room, each supernatural being with their own interpretation of how they wanted to go through with things. The originals feeling much more on edge about it all, because it had been longer than they even felt like, going without a family. Without an actual home. And now they are getting so close to doing so, it almost felt unnatural to them.

They have been told most of their lives that they are monsters. Unlovable creatures who deserve nothing, but to die. To suffer. But when it comes close, they realize that maybe they are all monsters. But as Aurora Salvatore told them, they were all monsters together.

That's how they were going to do it. Together.

"Just pull the dagger out, okay?" Klaus told to Rory as he stood over Finn. "Straight up, and make sure that dagger doesn't go anywhere else except your hands, okay? I trust you with this."

"Wait- wait, why me? Why can't Elijah do it? He's smarter." Rory said, averting her gaze between Klaus and Kol in a panicked manner, freaking out if she were to do something wrong.

"Kol would want you to do it."

"Why would Kol want-" but before she could finish, Klaus began counting down from three, rather quickly, and when he finished, Rory ripped the dagger out from his chest, Klaus doing the same with Finn.