𝐭𝐰𝐨

Once Rory was able to finally able to reach the point where she was able to sleep comfortably, the pure bliss was once again ruined by her dear old big brother

"Come on, Rory, it's urgent." Damon said as he began to vigorously shake Rory in an attempt to wake her up.

"Leave me alone asshole," she mumbled, her words being muffled by her pillows.

"It's Caroline, and John, they are both in the hospital."

Rory immediately shot up, completely forgetting about any sense of sleep. "Why what happened? Are they okay? Will they be okay?"

Damon began pulling her up, then handing her a jacket, "I don't know kid, but we need to leave now."

Both siblings ran to Damon's car, and after him yelling at his sister to not ruin anything in it, and an exchange of too many eye rolls, they left.

Once they reached to hospital, Rory basically leapt out of the car, while Damon swaggered in, as he oh so graciously does. They walked into the hospital, Damon took her hand and began pulling her. Only letting go when they spotted a very distressed looking Sheriff Forbes.

"Liz." Damon calls out, catching the attention of the blonde haired woman. "I came as soon as I got the message."

"Is she okay?" Rory added on, sounding anxious as well.

"She's in surgery. It's... They're doing everything they can. I need your help Damon." Liz said in a very flat tone.

"Sure. Anything Liz." Damon added in an almost too enthusiastic of a tone, causing Rory to roll her eyes, knowing he just wants to cover himself up.

The sheriff then grabbed Damon's arm and Rory's hand, pulling them to the side. "Mayor Lockwood is dead. They thought he was a vampire. They put him in the basement." She said in a whisper, her words trembling, a very clear sign she was trying not to cry.

"Really?" Rory asked with a fake gasp trying her best to sound clueless, still holding onto the sheriff's hand, trying to relax her a little bit.

Damon putting on another confused face, "Mayor Lockwood was a vampire?" He asked, giving a side glance to Rory, silently telling her to calm her act.

"No,  no, no. A mistake was made. They said he dropped like the others. When John's device went off, But he... He couldn't have been a vampire! I've known the man my whole life. And now Carol Lockwood is going to want answers. And all I can think about right now is Caroline. And- And, um..." Before she could even finish, the tears began coming down, so Rory pulled her into a hug.

"It'll be okay Mrs. Forbes, I promise." Rory tried to reassure her, while Damon was standing awkwardly behind them. 

They stayed like that for a couple minutes, the concerned mom, crying while hugging Rory, who was constantly mumbling reassuring words to her. The two then pulling a part, "It's going to be okay. I will talk to you later okay?" Rory told the older woman, who nodded, her cheeks coated in fresh tears.