𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"The pentagram represents our connection to magic," says Esther Mikaelson, speaking to Bonnie Bennett, and and elder Bennett witch. Bonnie's mom. Finn stood in the middle of the sigil, using a single torch in his hand to light the surrounding ones.

His heart is racing. Adrenaline pumping through his veins as if it were blood. Him and his siblings weren't connected in anyway. He did what he thought was right. There is no other way Esther could hurt them.

"The salt is a symbol of the earth," the original witch continued.

"And the torches?" asked Bonnie, standing nervously next to her mother.

"Five torches, one for each of my children," Esther answered, staring down Finn as he lit the final torch. The two made eye contact, Finn trying his hardest to mask any emotion on his face, wielding the truth.

It was a full moon. It's power nonredeemable from ancestors of eons before. Clouds rest in the sky as well, accompanied by a mess of stars, sprouting through the night sky, guaranteeing further accomplishment.

"What's the spell you're doing?" Bonnie asked again. She couldn't help but be curious, everything in front of her was happening so quickly yet just as slow.

"As the witch who cast the spell that made them vampires, I can also reverse it," Esther told her just as one of the flames grew twice its size as a cloud trampezed along the moon, "When they become human again, they can be killed--" she then turned and made eye contact with Finn once more, scanning his face-- "As they are linked as one, my brave Finn will be the sacrifice. With his death will come theirs."

"And you're just willing to die?" Abby Bennett asked Finn, making him stand rigid for a second, his back towards them. But composure came quick, as he turned around, his face stoic.

"My mother's releasing me from eternity of shame," he lied smoothly, "It's not a sacrifice. It's a gift."

Despite the lack of actual wind from the night's weather, every time a word is spoken, the flames grow taller, and seem to dance in a gust of winded air that was being provided to them. One thing that they all had in common, was the idea in their mind of what was going to be achieved.

The Mikaelson children were going to end up dead.

But to the best of his ability, Finn just wanted to be able to live. Live a life without fear of what could happen next, or what could have been. Maybe he does want to live as a family with his siblings. But that won't roll over too well if their own mother stood right beside him the only thought going through her mind being the idea of her children dead by her own hands. 

Finn can only hope now.