𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"Elijah?" Rory was both excited yet confused seeing the original vampire standing on her own doorstep. The coldness from the outside was wading in with small gusts of wind causing chills to go down her spine. "What are you doing here?"

A smile grew onto the vampire's face seeing the Salvatore girl right in front of him. "A certain doppelganger called me, wanting to propose of a plan." He told her.

Rory's immediately rolled her eyes at the mention of Elena Gilbert, but she smiled once more. "Come in! How are you? What have you been up to? I'm sorry again about my brother's wanting to kill you, that was on them, but look! You're here and you're alive. I do have-"

Elijah cut her off by bringing her into a hug. He had missed the small bundle of rambles and flowers since he was gone, and this time, he wasn't going to leave her with others. He was going to make sure she had a family. A real one.

"All that matters is that I am here now, and I have an agenda that requires some serious trust. Can I trust you Aurora?" He asked her in a very serious tone once they broke apart. Elijah knew he could, he just wanted to hear it.

"Of course! What kind of question is that? What is it that we need to do?" Rory responded, her answer completely true to her own word.

"It's not 'we'. It's just going to be 'me'. I'm not going to be the one to put you in danger. Are we clear?" Elijah said in a stern but soft tone. Rory opened her mouth to retort, but the vampire already knew she was going to say otherwise. "Are we clear?" He repeated.

"Yes we're clear." She mumbled, feeling like a child being scorned.

"Perfect." He smiled, walking towards the couch and sat down, crossing one leg over the other. "We begin our work tomorrow morning. Go to bed and get some sleep."

"'Get some sleep?' What are you? My dad?" Rory sassed him. Elijah didn't respond but just nodded his head in the direction of the stairs. The girl let out a long sigh before slowly nodding her head and padded up the stairs, making sure the step extra aggressively to make as much noise as possible.

When she got into her room, there were shadows cased onto the wall set in front of the window, created from the silhouetted branches dancing in the moonlight. The glow brought on a comforting beauty traveling all throughout the night.

For the second time that night, Rory got into bed. But this time, she was much quicker to be pulled into a deep sleep, unaware of the conversations taken below.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Stefan asked with a vulgar tone, not having a single clue how the 'murderous' original was sitting atop their fancy silks, drinking out of their own glasses. Elijah looked at him, a hint of a smirk on his face.