Chapter 4

I tugged on my tie that I was supposed to be wearing. I only lazily slung it around my neck, not bothering to tie it.

Kari had thankfully left for work earlier this morning, giving me a nice peaceful breakfast. I looked at the clock, realizing I only had five minutes before my first day at U.A. started. I only shrugged before continuing to eat.

I was actually able to sleep a little more last night since Kari left early, instead of randomly crashing around while I was supposed to be sleeping. This caused me to oversleep, but it's not like I care.

I left my apartment, making sure to lock it on my way out. I walked down the street, making my way to the train. I got a few weird looks from people around me seeing as I was wearing a school uniform, but school had started about five minutes ago.

I tilted my head to the side lazily, just now remembering I had forgotten my blazer. I only shrugged carelessly before leaning back in my seat.

○●○

I dragged myself down the hallways, looking for class 1-A. I was about thirty minutes late as I suddenly stopped in the hallway. I stared at the large doors I'm front of me, assuming it was 1-A. I shrugged before sluggishly opening the door.

A whole class of seated students stared at me, and I tired looking man in a sleeping bag stood at the front.

"Right, let's get to it-" The teacher stopped when I opened the door.

"And who are you? Wait, nevermind. I don't care. Why are you late on your first day?" He grumbled, his tired eye twitching.

"I felt like sleeping in." I casually replied, earning a long sigh.

"Excuse me, Mr. Aizawa, but that is just truly unacceptable!" An annoyingly familiar voice rang through the classroom. I groaned as I turned to see that nerd standing up, pointing at me.

"I must speak up about this!" He stated before turning to look at me. "How dare you not give a care in the world about your tardiness! Do you know how lucky we are to be going to such a pretentious school? You shoul-" I cut his lecture off with a long sigh.

"Do you ever stop talking? Who cares what I do?" I shoved my hands into my pockets before scanning the room for an open seat.

"So rude!" The nerd continued to speak, but I tuned him out. My mood quickly plummeted further as I realized the only open seat was behind that four eyed loser.

I sighed before walking towards the seat, ducking under his sporadic arm movements.

"Now, since that waste of time is over with, put these on and head outside." The teacher, Mr. Aizawa, stated as he pulled out some fitness uniform from his sleeping bag.

○●○

The class stood outside as they stared at Mr. Aizawa.

"What? A Quirk assessment test?" They repeated, and he nodded. I stood at the back with my arms crossed. I couldn't see from back here, but I didn't really care either.

"But orientation! We're gonna miss it!" The brown haired girl that I recognized from the entrance exams protested.

"If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies." Mr. Aizawa shook his head. "Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means that I get to run my class however I see fit."

I sighed, not liking the sound of that. I moved, standing at the end of the front row, so I could see since this was appearently oh so important.

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you never got to use your Quirks in physical exams before. The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel.
It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn." He stated, and I frowned. My quirk isn't exactly flashy, I'm not sure how it's going to help me in these tests.