Chapter 3

I walked down the street as I left the entrance exam. A deep frown formed on my face as I glared at the concrete. Why is it so shocking that I tried to save somebody? Everyone thinks I'm this good for nothing villain.

I'm not my parents. I'm not! I don't want to be a villain, so why does everyone pin the title on me? I didn't ask to be their child. They didn't even want me to begin with. But neither does the public. If nobody wants me, where do I belong?

I turned the corner, spotting the empty park that I liked to hang out at. I sat on the swing, slowly pushing myself back and forth. I let go of the chain, leaning backwards on the swing. I rested my head on the dirt as I leaned back.

I don't want to go home. I know that witch will be sitting on her ass doing god knows what. I sat up, sitting on the swing properly again. I let out a groan, running my hands through my hair.

I got off the swing, and walked towards a thick willow tree. It was my favorite tree in the park. The branches hung low, almost touching the ground. I moved some of the leaves out of the way, walking towards the trunk. I sat down with my back against the tree. I looked up at the glistening leaves as the sun set behind them.

The warm colors danced through the leaves, splashing against the grass, contrasting against the dark greens of the shade. I leaned my head back, and closed my eyes. I'd much rather stay here for the rest of my life.

○●○

"Another bank down. Three more to go." A woman snickered, and I looked up from the corner. My mother stood with my father as they took off their gear. I quickly looked away before they caught me staring at them. That wouldn't turn out well.

"Too bad that bank teller was too slow. If he was faster, maybe we wouldn't have killed him." My mother giggled, causing my father to laugh too.

"Don't lie, we would've killed him anyways." He threw his coat onto the back of a chair. His eyes traveled from the chair to me. I flinched, immediately looking away.

"Did you feed that waste of space?" He asked, pointing at me.

"No. I forgot. It doesn't matter anyways." My mother replied, and I felt my eyes tear up. I bit my lip, trying to stay quiet.

"Why do you have to waste our food, huh?" My father leaned towards me, and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" He slapped my cheek, forcing me to look at him. I choked on my tears, letting out a yelp.

"Shut up!" My mother yelled, stomping her heel down on my hand. I bit my cheek harshly, keeping in my scream.

"Very good!" She clapped, smiling at me. I felt like throwing up. Her wretched sick smile shook me to the core. "As your award, I'll give you some food!" She cheered before walking to the kitchen.

My father glared down at me, and I shrunk under his gaze.

"Go do something useful." He sneered, picking up his coat and throwing it at me. I scurried up from the ground, picking up his coat, and heading towards the laundry room.