Chapter 23: The Church

Start from the beginning

Pray normally... Well, it's different from a shrine, but should I just put my hands together?

I sat in a nearby chair, put my hands together, closed my eyes, and just thought about wanting to see the gods. Then, my consciousness was suddenly far away. It's a strange feeling. When I opened my eyes...

"I'm sorry!!"

In front of me was Grandria who was in a dogeza on the ground. I mean, it was like this when I met him last time ... I knew that last time was for apologising about me being left behind, but this time I don't know the reason at all.

"Wait a second, what happened?"

"Actually ... No, we shouldn't talk here. Let's change to a more suitable environment."

Grandria stood up and lifted his finger. Then, the white space we were in changed in an instant and became a meadow. The light breeze felt nice and even the sun was out. I don't really know what happened, but I'm more convinced that this is the divine world.

"Originally I wanted to talk a little more in the church, but there were some problems ..."

I turned to him as he said that. Maybe it's something important?

"When I went to the church, I noticed the presence of other gods."

"What's the problem with that?"

You have to go to the divine world first so they're out of luck, right?

"There is a possibility that another god will push to meet you..."

So that's how it is!

"But it seems ok to meet them."

"If you do just be aware that it may be unpredictable."

If Grandria says so ... I wonder if the other gods are dangerous?

"... I see. So why did you apologize?"

Yes, I want to hear that. Honestly, it's a pain if you do a dogeza on the ground every time we meet.

"That's ... it's also related to the garbled characters in Marina's status."

Grandria said while laying on a goza mat on the ground. Where did that come from?

"Let's sit down and talk for the time being."

"I agree"

I sit next to Grandria.

"To be honest ... I don't even know much about your garbled characters."

...Hmm?

"What do you mean?"

"I know the cause of the garbled characters, but I don't know what they represent."

" I-- I see ..."

I wanted to know what the garbled text meant, but now ...

"Then what is the cause of the garbled characters?"

I want to know that.

"Yes ... I only reported to the God from Earth that you had been left behind, but he said that he wanted to give you a blessing as an apology. I couldn't refuse the offer, so I agreed."

No, what about my permission?!! I'm glad to receive a blessing, but...

Unable to hear the cry of my heart, Grandria continued to explain.

"But the thing is, there are quite a large amount of gods where you came from..."

That's true. Earth is said to have 8 million gods and goddesses.