chapter 50 ~ the ultrasound

Start from the beginning

"Your baby looks healthy" I felt a weight lift off my shoulders at those words, I mean that's all I really wanted. "Of course with you're bipolar disorder there are some precautions-"

"Precautions?"

I knew there were some risks but I didn't think it would be such a big thing? Holy shit was I killing my baby?

"It's nothing to worry about" Okay then why the fuck was I worrying? "With the added hormones you may feel you're emotions get the better of you, and then there is the chance of postpartum depression" Oh god....I would get depressed again. "But everything should be fine if you keep taking you're meds....and will cross that path when we get there"

Okay....that was good news. I think......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked up to the porch, ultrasound photo in hand. I mean it didn't really show that much....I still couldn't find out the gender for a few more weeks. But that was my baby....

"Hey, i'm back!" I strolled into the living room, my eyes falling on a short white kid on our couch.

"Hi Aunt Cassie!!!"

Oh you have got to be kidding me...

"Don't even get me started" Fiona snapped angrily. I grabbed a permanent marker from the kitchen, bending down in front of Chuckie. If he was gonna stay here, he would have to cover up that swastika scar Sammi gave him.

"That's so much better" I laughed, slapping him on the cheeks. "Ian, go get your Nazi nephew some breakfast?"

I waited nervously for the two of them to leave before turning back to my sister. God that look she was wearing...it was enough to shatter glass.

"You find a new place yet?" 

That's all she had to say? Not how was your ultrasound? Is the baby okay? Fuck.

"I'm working on it" I sighed tiredly. I fumbled with the photo in my hands before passing it over to her. "The doctor gave me an extra one....whether you like it or not Fi, this is happening. With your support or not"

And with that I left her to think, storming my way up the stairs.

Deb's was right, I didn't need her but that didn't mean I didn't want her. I wanted this baby to have what I had....the family love, not the drugs and shit. And Fiona was the key to those memories, I hated to say it but I couldn't do this without her.

"How'd it go?" Debbie called, practically jumping off her bed. I handed her my copy of the photo, a giant smile forming on her face.

"They said in a few more weeks I can find out the gender" Now it was my turn to smile at the little black and white photo. Whether it was a girl or boy, this baby was going to be loved.

And I was going to make sure of that.

"Okay well i'm throwing you a gender reveal party...no buts!" She stopped me before I could get out another word.

A gender reveal party? Seriously....that was so cliché.

"I'm in no mood to argue" I sighed, sticking the photo into my purse. "My shift at The Alibi starts soon"

I had been bumping around jobs these last few months but because of this whole baby thing, I couldn't stand to work at Patsy's with my sister. I mean she was always bussing me at home, I didn't need her to be my boss their as well.

Plus I think Kev was more excited about this baby than I was, so he was more than happy to let me start working there again.

"There's our future mommy!" Kev smiled, pulling me into a giant hug. I could practically fell the air being sucked out of me as I shimmied from his grip.

"Where is everyone?" The Alibi rarely ever had new customers but there wasn't a Tommy or Kermit in sight. Not even a drunk Frank....

"Over at the Public Restroom......a new hipster bar"

Oh right I heard about that....it was a speakeasy where the front entrance was an actual urinal. I would have definitely gone to drink there if y'know, I wasn't pregnant.

"Well why don't we take a trip there" I suggested eagerly. "See what all the hype is about?"

Oh I know what the hype was about, but what V didn't know wouldn't hurt her.....

I led Veronica down some dark hallway towards the Speakeasy. It took a while to find which building the bar was located in but that's why it's good to know people. And us Gallagher's, know everyone.

"Is this like the employee entrance?" V muttered as we came to a stop in font of a urinal. God she clearly didn't understand the art of it all.

I pushed down the handle of the toilet, the door spinning around to reveal the bar. The place was pretty grimy and the music was awful but I guess if hipsters liked it...

"Those guys used to come to The Alibi"

"This place is hot" I grabbed the menu off the counter, passing it over to her. "Fifteen bucks a drink and you only get two choices"

Now I know how bad that must sound but the whole surprise aspect of it, it kinda sounded cool.

"Okay no, we're leaving" She snapped, grabbing hold of my wrist. I tried to protest as she practically dragged me out of the bar. "I hate hipsters"

Okay so despite how fun the Public Toilet was.....I guess I fucking hated hipsters too.

A/N AHHH OKAY SO IF YALL HAVE ANY NAME SUGGESTIONS FOR THE BABY PLEaSE LET ME KNOW HEHE, YOU'LL FIND OUT THE GENDER IN A FEW CHAPTERS BUT STILL