Chapter 14: "Tsukinomori Girls' Academy"

"So you're...?"

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

"You are her...guardian?"

"Yes..?"

"..."

...

"Next stop..."

Oh, I'm here. I get off the bus, grabbing my bag. Walking on the sidewalk, I overhear mentions of a certain live show.

"You're coming to the show tonight?"

"Tonight? Yeah, sure!"

"It seems like a waste of time though. We should be working instead."

"C'mon~ Don't be so stiff! Just come with us! It'll be fun."

"...fine. Just this once."

...

I continue walking, picking up my pace. I overslept last night and woke up at around noon. Thankfully Marina mentioned that it was fine, but I still feel a bit bad for being late on my second day...

*Click!*

(Y/N): "I'm here. Sorry for being late."

Yumi: "Heeey~" Yumi greets me from behind the counter. "I'm in charge of the counter, Sara-chan's in the cafe."

Sara steps in from the cafe, greeting me. I look around and I see that we three are the only staff. 

Yumi: "Marina-chan's out, grabbing food and drinks."

(Y/N): "Food and drinks?"

Yumi: "For after the show."

(Y/N): "..."

Yumi looks at me, a strange look in her eyes. Pity?

Yumi: "We heard about what happened. Marina-chan told us. You good?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me."

Yumi turns around, grabbing a bottle of water seemingly from nowhere and hands it to me. She smirks at me.

Yumi: "Well~, I am your senpai. It's my job to worry about her clueless kouhais."

I ignore her, moving past her to put down my stuff. I go to put on my apron, the size still a bit too big for me. Yumi taps my shoulder. Looking at her, she points to a piece of paper on the counter. An order?

Hm..

It's a normal stocking order for some items. I do remember Marina mentioning that they do orders, like Edogawa Music. The order isn't too big either, so I should be able to deliver these in one trip. 

I take another look at the paper and recognize a name.

"Tsukinomori Girls' Academy..?" Wait, isn't that the school that mom...

Yumi: "Yeah, recognize that name? It's that super-duper rich girls' school. The people there, probably more talented and smart than both of us combined. Future musicians, athletes, world-famous artists all dream of attending."

Tsukinomori Girls' Academy. The high school that mom attended. Very luxurious and strict, only the most talented and smartest make it. I remember mom telling us all about it, how beautiful it was, how the atmosphere was, how the work and teachers were extra strict and extra demanding of their very capable students. Mom joined for her high marks and high test results, but she met dad after joining the drama club, where their high schools worked together on a large-scale stage play.