Chapter 11: An unusual first day...

1k views!!

also, mild mentions of smoking (not regarding any of the major character though)

--

*Click!*

(Y/N): "Oh, welcome." I bow, a bit stiff.

A stoic-looking man steps into CiRCLE, wearing traditional clothing. He walks up to the front counter as I try to not look nervous.

(Y/N): "How can I help you?"

The man looks at the front CD display. His eyes seem to lock on one of the CDs there.

"Is there any chance that you have this in stock?", he shows me one of the display CDs.

"Sasanqua, Afterglow", their seventh and newest single. 

(Y/N): "We do." I open the lower cabinet and pull out a copy of the CD. "You're lucky, we just got these yesterday, and you're the first one to buy one of them."

I inspect the CD, closely checking that the protective plastic wrapping is there before I place it on the CD.

(Y/N): "Will that be all?"

The man nods and pays for the CD. As I grab change from the register I notice a small smile on the man's face.

(Y/N): "Here you go, your change."

The man thanks me and leaves. I stand there, wondering if the man resembled someone I knew. Eh, it's probably nothing. I leave the counter to grab a chair, legs already tired. I guess I'm not used to standing somewhere for a long time.

The day, as Marina predicted, goes by very slowly, with only a few people coming in.

"A magazine? Just take what you want from over there."

"Unfortunately, there isn't any more to rent today. Someone will be returning one tomorrow though, so you can come back tomorrow."

"T-twenty? Give me a second, let me see if we have that many..."

...

I sigh, just finishing an order of 20 posters. I look at the clock, 12:00. I look out the window to check for anyone, then step away from the counter to the lounge. 

Location: CiRCLE Lounge

Oh yeah, this was where I first met Roselia. Looking back at it, these past few days I've been getting to know the other bands a bit more. It's been...interesting.

Poppin'Party is pretty...strange. Afterglow is, actually pretty normal I guess. Roselia is pretty intense and Pastel*Palettes are very...idol-like? HHW is just chaotic.

It's been interesting meeting new people.

*Beep!*

Oh, my lunch.

I open the microwave door and check if my food is hot enough. Eh, good enough.

I leave the lounge, seeing if anyone is at the counter. Luckily, there isn't, and I'm free to enjoy my lunch. I pull out my phone and start idly scrolling through posts. Nothing particularly interesting catches my eye, but I read the comments about the other bands.

*Bing!*

Marina: Have you eaten lunch yet?

just heated mine up a second ago. you?

Marina: I'm eating mine rn

She sends a picture of a bento box. 

Marina: I'll be back in about an hour. see u then