Chapter 3: Do Pastels and Black Mix?

(Chapter 3: Meeting Pastel*Palettes)

--

(Y/N): "You want us to what?"

Marina: "I'm sorry if I picked a wrong time! If you guys can't, I can ask Kasumi or someone!"

O: "No, it's okay Marina-san, we're just a little surprised, that's all."

(Y/N): "Wait, wait. You want us, an all boys band to go to an idol agency, to deliver a message to Pastel*Palettes?"

I: "That doesn't seem to be a good idea..."

Marina: "I know, I know it seems like a bad idea, but it'll be fine! Just walk to the front desk and show them the letter. Tell them it's from 'Marina-san' and they'll let you in."

She reassures us while digging into the front desk. A second later, she pulls out a letter. On the front, 'Pastel*Palettes' is written surprisingly neatly, with the back firmly sealed. I put it the safest pocket in my bag, as I think how important the letter was.

Marina: "And please try not to ruin it. It's pretty important."

I nod nervously, a tiny bit more curious about the contents of the letter.

(Y/N): "Well, guess we better get going. Don't wanna arrive late."

O: "Alright then. Marina-san, we'll be off."

Marina: "Alright! Have a safe trip."

As we leave, I slightly bow as my bandmates wave. As we step out the doors, the feeling of dread attacks not only me, but the rest of the group.

N: "Can we all agree that we're in a pretty bad situation?"

I: "Y-yeah."

We all silently agreed, faces filled with worry. About a month ago, on the news, a familiar idol member was forced into a hiatus because she was seen with a boy her age, her boyfriend. She, along with her boyfriend, were bombarded with questions from the media. Rumours spread quickly throughout the internet and her boyfriend broke up with her just two days later. Now, she's on hiatus, stopping any activities on social media and not releasing any songs. This news was one of the prime reasons the band and I were so nervous registering at CiRCLE, who previously only hosted all girls bands. We were afraid that news would spread and our careers would end before it ever began. But for now, things have been going smoothly. Though, I feel, it's only a matter of time until we have to face that issue, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

O: "So, you know where to go?"

N: "I do. Marina-San gave me the directions before we left. Here."

I: "Oh, it doesn't seem far. Wait, don't we take this route after school?"

(Y/N): "What route?"

I always went in the complete opposite direction from their route so I never really cared about where they went.

R: "Oh! This is the route we take to go home! How convenient~"

His favourite word: convenient.

(Y/N): "Well, let's get going. I'll follow you guys."

I: "Sure, let's go. Wait, what day is it today?"

(Y/N): "It's Thursday, why?"

R: "Oh~ Let's go then!"

N: "Yes! Let's go!"

(Y/N): "???"

They sprinted off the stairs, and onto the sidewalk below. I quietly "Huh?" before getting dragged by the hand by I with them. We run towards the bus stop in front of CiRCLE, nearly tripping over ourselves on the way. We eventually arrive at the bus stop, and I yank my hand from I's, exhausted and annoyed.