Chapter 9: Miss Staff Member

sorry, been a bit inactive. arknights, fgo, bandori and homework took up most of my time 

--

"Okay class, settle down. Today, we'll be having a new student with us. Introduce yourself."

"...(Y/N) (L/N). Pleasure."

...

"Well then, welcome to Fukunaga High. This'll be your highschool for the next two years, and I'm _ _, your homeroom and music teacher."
"So, getting right to it, can you play any instruments?"

"Three."

"Three? Impressive. Tell me."

"I can play the bass, guitar and piano."

"Really? Well, that's new. Never saw a student who could play more than two. Then, what do you wanna choose?"

...

"Just anything. Whatever you need."

"Really? Well, we did need a piano player in this class..."

...

Location: Shimizu Junior High

Music class, or school in general, was never really that interesting to me. Classes seemed boring and uninteresting and work just seemed redundant. Music was also pretty boring, we mostly ended up learning music theory, stuff that I already knew. I used to attend regularly, but as time went on I ended up taking off days, even weeks to take care of the house. 

(Y/N): "We're here."

I wave to (S/N) as she runs to meet her friends. Seeing her run off into the school entrance, I turn around and walk towards the traffic stop. I open my phone and check the time.

9:10 AM

There's a lot of time until I have to be at CiRCLE. Marina told me to be there by 11:00, but since that's when it opens I'm guessing I have to be there by 10:30. I have an hour of free time. What should I do?

...

Feeling hungry, I grab my wallet and check my money. Seeing enough cash for breakfast, I walk down the road towards a nearby cafe.

Location: Cafe

Stepping inside, I immediately smell various drinks ordered. It's crowded, filled with half-asleep workers and students, but I manage to order my coffee and grab a vacant table for myself.

"...we have that test today?"

"Can I have an XL..."

I look outside the window, silently observing the oncoming traffic. It's your typical winter morning, slightly dark and chilly. I look bag into my table and grab my breakfast sandwich, looking outside the window again as I start eating.

...

"Hey, new kid! Yeah, (Y/N). Wanna come and hang out with us after school?"

"We're heading to that new arcade that just opened. I heard they have a lot of new games."

"Yeah, you wanna come?"

...sorry, I have stuff to do.

...

I blink, seeing my sandwich finished and my coffee half-drunken, cold. I shake my head and gather my things. I throw the empty bag and the coffee into the trash bin, and head outside.

???: "Ah!"

(Y/N): "Oh, sorry.", I say as I move my hand away from the knob.

I stop and look over to who I just bumped into. Beside me is Marina, wearing a dark blue winter jacket. She is also wearing glasses, something I've never seen her wear up until now.