__________

Aries feet hit the ground as she appeared with her mother at the train.

Regulus had taken the healing potion and sure enough he healed quickly. Aries had even used some of her bruising cream to help with his arm.

"No trouble this year, if we get a single letter from the school about either of you misbehaving..." Walburga said trailing off, though both Aries and Regulus knew what she meant.

"Yes mother." the two chorused before stepping away from the parents and boarded the train, Regulus and Aries let out a breath they had been holding as they walked towards the Slytherin compartments.

"Meredith!" Marlene shouted excitedly as she lurched forward tackling the relieved girl.

"Hi Reggie" Marlene said as the boy smiled down at her.

The young Black and grown over summer, taking on Orions taller genes. His new height had outgrown his sister, but only by a few inches.

"I'm gonna go find Lucius and Avery, maybe Parkinson" Regulus said earning a nod from Aries before walking down more compartments.

"Evans and Fortescue are down in the other compartments, I heard Lily got Gryffindor prefect this year." Marlene said beginning her ramble.

"The summer was amazing! I went to Ireland and America with my uncle for a couple weeks, then I got back home and my grandmother gifted me with this cute pendant of a snake! And then my father surprised me with a birthday party, it was all great and perfect until my mother announced she was pregnant again, like seriously I already have a younger brother I don't need another!" she said going on and on until we reached the compartment Lily and Alice were in.

"I heard you were the new prefect." Aries smiled softly as Alice smiled back along with Lily.

The two girls squealed, shocking Aries, and ran to hug the two Slytherins.

"It's very exciting, you know how long I have been working toward this!" She said as Aries and Marlene took the left over seats.

"Of course, it was only a matter of time before Dumbledore shed a bit of light on the studious Lily Evans." Another voice had come from the compartment doors.

Remus leaned against the frame making Aries do a double take. He had grown quite well since summer as Regulus had. Taller, his hair grown out and...before his eyes could catch her stare, she focused back on the conversation.

"Awe we just got here though. Does a prefect really have to be perfectly on schedule? Or can one just be fashionably late." Marlene smirked as Lily got to her feet.

"It's alright Lily, you go ahead. We'll catch you at the carriages." Aries said as she crossed her legs and kept her back straight in her seat.

"I'll see you lot later, yeah?" Lily said before walking out and closing the door behind her.

Alice turned to Aries wiggling her eyebrows. The raven haired girl rolled her eyes and looked away, "Eyes don't lie, Mere, he totally has a thing for you. And if I didn't know better-"

"You don't." Aries cut off Alice with a glare, "As I have told you before, he's just another boy with a petty crush."

Alice ignored the harsh expression set on her friend's face with a knowing look, "you'd like to think so, he's been crushing on you since second year."

Aries sighed, "Alice it wouldn't make a difference. Three years of a crush or ten, you know I couldn't even if I wanted to."

The train ride wasn't too eventful over the many hours past. Marlene stuffed her face with the candy that Alice bought from the trolley, Regulus stopped by to say hello but left after a few minutes.

"We're close, we should change before we get to Hogwarts." Aries said as Marlene and Alice both nodded.

The three headed in different directions, Alice to the Gryffindor bathroom and Aries and Marlene to the Slytherin.

In barely any time, Aries and Marlene had finished changing and set off to the shared compartment once more.

"Hey Meredith?" Marlene asked

Aries hummed in response as she continued to read while walking.

How is it possible she can read all the time?

"I just like to read. Knowledge and Wisdom are the greatest tools to possess." Aries said as she looked up from her book, only just as she did, she hadn't registered the few people coming straight in her direction.

The next thing she knew Aries had stumbled, hitting the person beside her as her book fell.

"Oi! You should watch where your-." the person paused as they stood up with the help of their friends.

"You know neither of us were paying attention, otherwise neither of us would've fallen." Aries said as she picked up her book and stood finally looking up to who she had hit.

She froze along with the other person, his hair had been the same neat mess since she saw him last, his eyes holding the same hollow grey they always did only this time held a glint of which she didn't know.

He had grown a lot since they had last spoke, his jawline was as perfect as it always had been along with his curious expression.

He had changed so much, yet so had she. Puberty had been kind to her as she filled in with curves, her hair had grown, her face held light makeup, and even though she was still short she had started wearing heels.

"You must be Slytherin." a boy asked, his hair was a bit of a mess, might've made Aries grimace if she hadn't been taught otherwise.

"Sly and Cunning." Aries she muttered as she looked to the other boy.

"Next time keep your eyes up and I'll do the same. I swear every male has lost their manners here." She spat before turning her heel and walking away with Marlene.

"Who was that?" James asked.

"She's the one the majority of Slytherin house is afraid of. Scratch that, everyone is afraid of." Peter admitted.

Sirius hesitated before changing the subject, "let's go find the trolley, yeah?" He asked, though his mind was somewhere else.

He hadn't seen Aries since the night he left through his sisters window. Deep down he knew he should've taken her with him.

—————

"So-"

"Yes Marlene, Sirius is my brother. That much was obvious during the Sorting Ceremony."

"You-"

"Yes, we look alike because we're twins."

"Can-"

"No, we don't have telepathy."

"Would you stop reading my mind, please!" She huffed.

"When it comes to daft questions..." Aries shrugged with a grin.

"Just because you're a legilimens doesn't mean you should use it all the time." Marlene snapped.

"I already told you, half the time it's not even on purpose." Aries defended herself.

"Well try harder." Marlene said pouting as they sensed the train start to pause slowly.

"Well, welcome back to Hogwarts" Alice said as her and Lily joined the Slytherin girls in their travel to the carriages.

__________