Reconciliation of the Parallel Worlds

"Haaaaaaa!"

Jet and Yura shouted in unison. While they did so, the two drove Lucent Heart through Vega. Feedback in the form of flares and sparks surged from the rod while the two held it in place.

"No letting go, got it?" 

Jet's orders were clear, yet at this point, it's obvious that he's feeling a side-effect from being in proximity with Lucent Heart's activation skill. His arms began shaking, something fully felt by Yura, whose hands were directly below his.

"Jet..."

Yura gave him a stiff yet concerned glance, which was met with a confident smirk.

"Besides... you got my back, right?"

Yura nodded. She shouted as Lucent Heart's hexagram began materializing on the impact point. This time, Vega let loose a horrifying scream. As he did, translucent objects began emerging from his mouth and the Destruction Wing.

"What are those?"

There was no hesitation in Jet's reply. "Souls. Souls that fuel that cursed weapon."

Yura resisted the urge to shudder and lose her focus at the thought of that. That was not the main matter of concern for her though. Unfortunately for her, prolonged exposure of Lucent Heart to Vega triggered the trance-like state. Her visions turn into a bloody tint, and the intolerable voice once again called out to her.

I missed you, servant of my lifelink.... I hope this moment lasts forever. It's the most I can see of you before I walk this world once more.

This time, the sight being seen in Yura's vision transformed into a pitch-black empty space, where a figure stood in front of her. His face's details were still unknown, what was known was that he held his hand out. Yura tried to avoid looking at him, but was unable to do so, as if she was afflicted by a spell.

Come, let us savor this moment. Don't you want to be with the one who gave you that life? 

"No! Go away!" yelled Yura. 

That's disappointing. The one who owns your soul can take it away anytime!

That began a series of weird sensations that Yura felt. First, she felt the loss of control over her body. It was followed by a feeling of her energy being drained, all while she gazed at this unidentifiable figure. 

"Damn! Why... At this moment...."

"Get a hold of yourself!"

Yura felt her strength return in an instant the moment she heard Jet's voice in the middle of the darkness. She raised her head up and saw Jet reaching out from above. Putting her energy in one motion, she stretched her hand up, and it connected with Jet's.

This promptly made the space shattering slowly like bits of glass. Just as the black space slowly crumbled, so did the figure begin to fade.

You cannot escape me no matter how hard you try. I lie deep within the depths of your heart, swearing to return someday...

Yura was snapped back to what was happening in front of her. Jet firmly kept his grip on her hands as they continued to hold the rod still, keeping Vega in contact with it.

"You scared me right there. You looked like you died or something!"

"Jet... thank you for saving me."

"Huh? All I did was try to get you back to your senses by yelling. We're so close to winning now. Besides, it's not a victory if you end up going down, isn't it?"