Chapter 13

I saw this picture and my heart dropped. It's like depressed Frost. Yet, I still love ❤️ it. Alright I'll just shut up now.

I don't really have much to say, but I was really excited to write this chapter. So, I guess we should just get right into it. REMINDER : This is the FINAL BATTLE! I am probably going to combine the last two chapter into just this one because why not?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is This Goodbye?

The grip on my wand tightened. "What do you mean; it's already begun?" I glared Pitch in the eyes. What is his endgame goal?

Pitch looked away from me and cackled. The tips of his fingers barely touched his forehead as he gently shook his head. "Must I explain everything to you, Hallow? I don't care about the children at all! I want their power." I must have looked stupid with my jaw dropped down to the ground.

What power could the children... I quickly picked up my jaw from the ground. I kept my eyes locked on him. "What power? They're just humans!"

"Just? HA!" He glided over toward me without tripping on his dress. "If a child believes in ANY guardian or spirit, it has power in itself."

What could he possibly want with the power? How could I not know about this? Even when I thought about the reasons Pitch could need power, I came up blank. He was a spirit that, at least with my knowledge, had no memory of his past life. Then again, there wasn't much that he could want with this life. He must have stolen his memories from Tooth.

I felt my head falling, and I picked it back up to see Pitch coming closer to me. My body subconsciously jumped out of the way.

My hands began to feel hot; I flicked my eyes to look at them. They were starting to glow from the inside-out! I can make a spark with my core magic. That would be strong enough to take out a god if they existed!

I wasn't just going to make a core magic spark just yet. If I did it while Pitch was gaining power, he might be able to direct it to defend him, and then I would be too worn out to fight. I continued to make little bolts of magic.

If they weren't children, I would have just shot the black dust figures over to the following Monday even though today is a Tuesday. If I ever had a chance of winning this battle, I had to time everything perfectly.

ONE!

I shot another bolt at Pitch's stomach.

TWO!

I shot a bolt at Pitch's head.

THREE!

I flung two bolts, one at each of his feet.

FOUR!

My hands aimed toward two groups of black-dust children. A gust of wind pushed them back away from Pitch. If I hit a bolt at them by accident, it would all be for nothing.

AND

Just half a second, and then I would have an opening to end this battle once and for all.

FIVE!

Another bolt shot Pitch in the head, and he spat out some blood to the floor.

While I was flinging bolts of magic at him, I was building the largest spark of power I had ever made. The only reason I needed an opening was that I had to put poison magic inside it. Which meant I had to survive with the most deadly magic inside for longer than 10 seconds.