Chapter 1

Before Frost was Born

Before I start the story here is a little information: 

None of the pictures in this story are mine!!!

Y/n = Your Name  |  H/l = Hair Length  |  H/c = Hair Color

Alright then on with the story, this might get cringe so please forgive me... And I am using Wattpad as my personal writing playground. I really love this picture wbu?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Your POV~

I cringed at the thought of my mother going into town alone. I didn't want her to see anyone we knew there whilst looking the way she looked. Her face was stained with her tears, and her hair was a ragged mess.

Honestly, you couldn't blame the poor woman; her husband did just...

Nevertheless, my sweet, kind, and caring mother had only seen my best friend, Abby, and me for the duration of the past couple of days. But, that was nothing to stop my mother! Because, alas, that fateful morning, she woke up with a particular determination. One that would soon not only put her life in danger but everyone I cared for.

It was another day here in the village, and the chicken from the town farmer had just woken up. They sounded their alarm to the entire town that it was a new day. I gracefully (If I do say so myself) woke up and sprinted out of the bedroom over to the kitchen, where I saw my mother trying to make breakfast.

"Hi Mom," I practically shouted as my usual cheery self. "What are you doing up so early on this gorgeous morning?"

She frowned at my statement.

"Good morning [Y/N], well, if you must ask..." She got slightly distracted but then focused back to the conversation, "I am planning on heading out to the tavern today!" I could feel my face drop. "You also know that it is raining terribly outside today, correct..?"

I sat down at one of the two wooden chairs closest to my mother. My brain looked for the words to say but couldn't find the exact ones.

"You won't stop me, darling. I am going to the tavern, and that is final!" As if I couldn't be more taken aback than I already was, I was. I jumped out of my chair and walked over to her to convince her that this was utter madness!

Before I began, I bit my lip and then crossed my arms. "Mother... You couldn't possibly be planning on heading out to the tavern! You haven't even brushed your hair! At least tell me you are planning on wearing something more... appropriate... for the occasion!" She didn't even look up from what she was doing. I lowered my voice and went closer. "At least tell me that, mother..."

That was the breaking point for my mother because she suddenly scoffed heavily and quickly ran off to her room.

Well, I guess that was a little too forward... I shook my head furiously before continuing my internal thought. That is ridiculous, [Y/N}! You know that you most certainly had to be cross with your mother.

I returned to my room and got dressed up in a costume. It was Halloween, after all!

*Several Hours Later*

My feet slowed to a complete stop when I arrived at the door of the tavern. I could feel my [H/L] [H/C] curly hair bounce, and I could feel my purple dress swaying in the slight wind. I had chosen to be a witch for Halloween. Despite everything, my mother warned me about. I made long black boots, and I had worn my half moon necklace with it.