Chapter 17

For the past two days I have been living here, I have been working on my resume that I believe is pretty decent. I had to exaggerate a little because I have never had a job working at a facility. Only my online clothing store. I let out a sigh as my eyes begin to water. Gosh I miss that. My business and other things. I miss my life back when things were remotely normal.

 I organize my papers then proof read my work of art. I think my resume is nicely done. I mean it's nice for something I just pulled together. After editing my papers a little more I slide them into a folder and relax on my couch, turning on The Vampire Diaries. I sit, laying carefree, enjoying the show. 

****

"It's been four days since she has gone missing. Where is she?" I question Carlos yelling in my phone. 

"I'm looking I'm looking. Believe me, I want to find her just as much as you. So don't act like I am not trying when you are the one that ran her off. Besides, I have something." I perk back up listening.

"I checked the hidden security cameras around Venessa's home. She got a key that was hidden outside and spent about ten minutes inside, coming out with a large duffel bag. She changed out of the hospital gown into some cloths. She's  dressed in jeans and a black hoodie. This happened around six-forty five. Then she walks down the sidewalk and cuts into the woods. Since she's on foot she couldn't have gotten very far. So I'm thinking that maybe she got in a vehicle. I assume a taxi or went to bus stop." 

Even though he can't see me, I nod in approval at his work. At the moment, my body is on auto pilot. I begin to yell out orders without having to think about it. 

"Get a list of all the buses and taxis that drove in the area. I also what to see surveillance of the street cams."

"Yes sir." 

I cut the call and head to my room  throwing anything and everything around losing my shit. My sanity is slowly washing away the longer she is not by my side. Finally, I flop on to my bed like a soggy pancake. At first I was sad thinking maybe she had been kidnapped. But when I found out she left on her own and purposely went away; it fueled my anger to the max. No one has ever ran from me. She thinks she can just up and leave, what about her family that cares deeply for her? Ya, they are dysfunctional but who's family isn't. Plus I miss her. 

I miss her scent. Her smile, even if it wasn't for me. I want to embrace her and feel that warm bubbly spark I get whenever with her. I grab my phone going to my photos of Nessa. In most of them she was caught off guard, then when she noticed I was taking pictures she scowls or gives me a look of annoyance. Not many pictures of her smiling. Only a few that I took while she was sleeping. I thought it was so cute how she smiled in her sleep. What was on her mind? I sound like a crazy lovestruck teen. Which is exactly what I am.

I scroll to my favorite picture of her. It's a picture of us. The day we argued at lunch over a chair. The ones Devin took while I sat in her lap; I asked him to send them to me. Well more like told, but that's besides the point. Venessa looks completely embarrassed and aghast being in that position. But it is a nice memory of when things were more sober. 

Ring Ring

"Ciao?" (Hello?)

"Carlos e io potremmo aver trovato qualcosa.(Carlos and I may have found something.) 

"Non c'erano autobus che passavano durante il tempo che è partita. Solo tre taxi, quindi deve essere salita su uno di quei tre." (There weren't any buses that passed by during the time she left. Only three taxis, so she must have gotten into one of those three.)