Chapter II

The house was as amazing inside as it looked from the outside

The house was as amazing inside as it looked from the outside. The place was huge and generously spacious compared to their humble apartment in Seoul. Perks of living in the countryside.

A scrunching pain around Taehyung's arms reminded him that he was still holding the heavy carton. At once, he kept it down on the well polished wooden floor. He was worried the floor might get rugged by all the rough work done by the movers. But the thought left his mind when he saw Heechul-ssi nagging them to do their work with an ounce of gentleness. Taehyung continued exploring their new house.

There was the huge Scandinavian-designed living room in the middle with a huge wall size window which displayed the most beautiful view of the sea. There were only two rooms on the ground level along with an open kitchen and a common washroom. One of the room was filled with Heechul-ssi's things. Looks like he already made a pick.

"Heechul-ssi, where's my room? You seemed to have chosen the best one here.", Taehyung said jokingly.

"Don't be so disappointed, Tae. Your room is upstairs. Go and take a look."

The brunet climbed up the stairs skipping one step at a time in excitement to see his new room. The stairs came to an end to a door. He opened the door to enter a rooftop room. There was a same wall sized window, more like a glass sliding-door to the open terrace. The room was well lit just by the orange hues of the setting sun.

Taehyung slide opened the glass door and walked into the terrace. His bare feet tingled with the touch of the soft grass which spread throughout the whole terrace. He wondered whether it was real or artificial. The evening air was cool and gentle which made his exhaustion from the long journey disappear.

His mom always wanted to stay in a house like this. She once told him when she was on her death bed that her grandfather had a house like this. Near the open sea with a huge veranda. And she always wished she had one too. Guess her wish came true but she is no longer around to enjoy it.

"So...... Do you still believe I took the best room?"

Taehyung was startled by his sudden appearance. He didn't realize when Heechul-ssi came here and for how long he stood next to him. He shook his head as a response to his earlier question.

"Wanna trade rooms?", he asked.

"Not in a million years.", Taehyung replied instantly.

Heechul-ssi laughed at his reply and patted his head like a child. Something he likes to do, treating Taehyung like a child.

"This house must have cost a fortune.", Taehyung said as they both went back into the room.

"Its all worth it"., Heechul-ssi stood silent for a bit looking at the sea from the glass door.

"I'll tell them to bring up your things."

Taehyung plopped on his cushy bed, the tiredness diving into his every muscle. He opened his bag which he had kept on the bed earlier. There was nothing special in it than a portable DVD player and an old photo frame. It was the last picture of his complete family. It was of when he was in elementary school during the start of a new class year. It was also the last day he saw his dad.

It was the only thing he treasured the most. He looked around the room to divert his thoughts when his eyes fell on an old cupboard. It didn't look familiar to his eyes, so he guessed it might be from the earlier residents. The house was vacant for almost three years but this piece of furniture still looked useful.

Taehyung walked towards it to check what was inside but disappointingly it was locked and he couldn't seem to find the key. He took a mental note of it to ask about it to Heechul-ssi later.

Taehyung ran his fingers through its surface, when he felt a roughness at the corner. It was a carving. Something was written on it. How childish, he thought.

The idea behind leaving a souvenir, to let people know about your existence is really fascinating. To keep them always in ones memories. He looked at his photo frame which he had now kept it on the study table. His only souvenir of his past.

Yet the carving on the cupboard looked childish to his. As if it was asking for attention. Taehyung heard his inner-self laughing at his own hypocrisy. Nevertheless, he bent and looked at it closely as he pushed up his glasses on the bridge of his nose to read the engraved relic.

JJK WAS HERE.

A/n:
Fun Fact - flakesnsprinkles took the idea of the house in the book from the kmovie Architecture 101.
Can't wait to know what more Taehyung is gonna discover in his new home!!!!!
See you peeps next week ;))