Part Two: Surprises

The thing was, I trusted Elysia with my life. In fact, scratch that. I didn't trust Elysia with my life, mainly because of the fact that she made dumb decisions almost every hour of the day and barely knew how to handle herself, let alone anyone else. However, I did believe that she was a trustworthy person -- and that's all I ever ask for in a friend. Oh, and for them to be able to give me some kick-ass advice. Elysia was both of those things and more.

What more could I want for in a best friend, anyway? Let me think. . .

I mean, it would've been great if she could've had faith in me from time to time, too. For example, when I told her, "Tris is Cupid. I swear -- he showed me. He looks normal, I know. But believe me, he's not."

By the look on her face, her believing me was an achievement that was far off the scale. Like, buried deep in the earth's crust far away.

"Look, I don't mean to be horrible but. . .are you sure it wasn't just a dream, Muna?" Elysia raised her eyebrows sympathetically as if she was a physiatrist dealing with one of her patient's.

One thing was for sure, I wasn't crazy. I didn't need to sit on the sparkly sofa of sadness whilst someone examined my thoughts and listened to me complaining about my life problems. I've already been through that whole rigmarole enough times to last me my existence.

I slammed my locker shut, the metal boxes rattling together. They really needed to get those things fixed. It wasn't fun having to karate chop the door every time I wanted to lock it. "Of course I'm sure. Unless I'm a fortune teller, how would I know that he was joining our school? Why would I have a dream about some random new guy who I hadn't even met yet?"

Elysia's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "Well, that's the only explanation. All we have to do is borrow a giant marble from science for your fortune globe, and voila! You're--"

"I'm not a fortune teller." Flailing my hands, I felt more frustrated than ever.

It didn't help that half of the people around me were witnessing my mental breakdown and sniggering to themselves, either. Elysia glared at the culprits with a threatening snarl and they shrank away without so much as another giggle. That's the plus side of being associated with high school's biggest bitch. After all, she was the one with the reputation to die for in addition to the looks of a Brazilian supermodel and a mega hot boyfriend. You can't help but be jealous of all that, can you? Well, just picture having to be that girls best friend. That's me, Elysia Stone's infamous shadow.

"Muna, Muna, Muna. Let me just meet the poor guy first. Then we can discuss. . ." She formed her fingers into quotation marks, "all that."

I focused on a tall boy strolling towards us before smiling at her. "Well, you won't need to wait too long." 

Consequently, Elysia became flustered and rolled her eyes at me. Her eyes were even wider than before, all the while searching me for help. She was almost screaming "No, you introduce me first," inside of her head. Continuing with, "don't be rude, Muna!"

"Muna!" Tris waved over in our direction with a grin plastered across his face. Looking at him, I began to realise that there was absolutely no chance that Elysia was going to believe me. He dressed -- and acted -- just like any regular high schooler. The only thing was that he wasn't

"Muna, are you going to just stand there? You look like a day old lemon." Elysia flicked at my face, desperately attempting to avoid Tris' gaze. She hovered around me nervously, however, her face betrayed her emotions. The rare sight of Elysia's smile had already been replaced with a disapproving growl whilst a strand of black hair began twisting around her finger dubiously.