18. Deadly Tether

Mulai dari awal

        But as Shay opened the door to the refrigerator, her body became ridged once a noise was heard from the living room. Shay looked at the entrance way to the living room, not frightened or scared but confused.

        "Jenna?" Shay called out, "Was your shift cut earlier?"

        No one replied or answered, causing Shay's suspicions to rise up. She closed the refrigerator, taking one step closer to the hallway that connected the kitchen to the living room.

        "Stiles?" She called out, hoping that it was him playing some prank.

        The noise, which sounded like a vase or something made of glass being broken, was heard again but this time louder. A frightened Shay opened one of the drawers and grabbed a French knife, having a tight grip on the black handle. Slowly, she walked out of the kitchen, approaching the living room.

        When Shay finally entered the living room, she saw a broken glass vase on the floor. She let out a sigh of relief, realizing it must of fell somehow. Placing the knife on the wooden table behind the couch, she pushed all of the broken pieces into a pile with her foot.

        But her whole body froze in fear once a deep, throaty growl was heard behind her back. Shay whipped around and screamed once she saw the intruder. It was none other then Kali. Kali was one of the alphas, the one never wearing shoes, and always the one who ruthless killed Boyd. Her claws, feet and hands, were out and sharper than a nail.

        Her eyes were a crimson red and she beared her fangs, snarling and growling. Kali  charged at Shay but Shay pushed her away, Kali tumbling on the floor. The frightened blonde teenager ran into the kitchen but Kali quickly ran towards her. The two were across from each other with only the dinner table separating them.

        Kali whipped her arm across, her claws lashing Shay's arm. Shay scream in pain before yelling, "What is wrong with you!"

        Shay ran past the table and out the kitchen, heading straight for the stairs. As she ran up the stairs, half way Kali grabbed her ankle and yanked her down. Shay fell down the stairs, her blood coming from her arm covering each brown, wooden stair. Kali pushed Shay down to the floor, pressing her foot on her Shay's chest.

        "First Boyd, now you." The alpha devilishly smirked before letting out a howl.

        As Kali raised her clawed hand, Shay closed her eyes tightly as she waited for death to approach. But nothing came and it was suddenly like nothing had happened. The wound and blood from her arm wasn't there nor was the blood on the stairs. No broken vase and the knife wasn't on the wooden table. Shay hesitantly lifted her up, salty tears wetting her cheeks.

        Harsh rasps of breaths was all the was coming out of Shay's mouth as her chest heaved up and down. For a moment, she stayed perfectly still on the floor. Her body felt icy cold and numb, like her body and mind didn't know how to react in this situation. A part of her wanted to scream, cry, and trash the damn house, wondering to herself what was wrong with her. But another side, a much saner side wanted her to calm herself down and call for help.

        Obviously, Shay chose a little bit of both.

        Shailene raced upstairs and into her room, as if she was expecting someone to be in there. Silent tears streamed down her face as she threw one of the books from a book stack across the room. One after the other, books were being thrown across the room and against the wall, leaving a small dent.

        Her hands ripped pieces of paper from her desk as she whipped her hand back and throttled it, all the items from her desk falling onto the ground. Shay was taking out her anger and somewhere in her head, she knew she should stop. But hitting and throwing things seem to release some of the pent up rage.

        When she was finally down, half of the room trashed and Shay was trying to control her sobbing. Hastily, she walked across the room and grabbed her cell phone. Shay called the one person she knew would help or at least have some experience with this:

        Lydia Martin

        The phone rang three times before Lydia answered, "Hello?"

        "Hey Lydia, it's Shay." The trembling blonde said, sniffling a bit, "Can you drive me to Deaton's please."

        "Why, what's wrong?" Her voice going from confused to concern in a matter of seconds.

        "I just..." Shay placed a hand on her forehead, lips quivering, "I just really need some help."

not edited and not very good but what the hell.

So like I said before, I will not incorporate the episode (episode seven) into the story because it is mainly flashbacks. This was kind of like Shay's breaking point.

Please check out my new story called Youth :)

~ ~ ~ Monrox (Kate)