Chapter 5 - The Sum of His Parts

The park is filled with people enjoying a beautiful afternoon. There are Frisbee-throwing, kite-flying, and a young man and woman picnicking.

He holds out a beverage. "Soda?"

"Why, I'd love one."

In another part of the area, Cyborg is seen bending something just down before straightening it up. He feels the fresh air. "Mmm-mmm. Would you look at that. A little sunshine, a little breeze. Only one thing can make this day better." He opens the lid of a barbecue grill, exposing... "Four and a half pounds of baby pack ribs." He lifts the rack away on a silver platter.

At the picnic table, Robin is seen digging into a burger and Starfire heartily sucking down a container through a straw. You have the bottom part of your mask lifted in order for you to eat your hot dog.

Cyborg sits down with the three of you. "Man, I love picnic food!" He buries his face in the ribs, chomping huge mouthfuls of pork.

You and Robin matches that effort each with your own foods.

"Agreed, Cyborg." Starfire flushes happily. "This tangy yellow beverage is truly delightful." She swigs some more of it.

Cyborg and Robin stops scarfing down their food to stare in surprise while you merely chuckled.

"Uh, Starfire?"

"That's mustard." Robin pointed out.

She hugs the mustard jar with its screw cap removed. "Is there more?"

Robin and Cyborg cannot tear their eyes away from the scene and their food sits forgotten in their hands. A shred of meat is clearly heard falling from Cyborg's face in the stillness.

You got up from the table and grabbed a hot dog from the grill, placing it on a plate. You then strolled down to Raven, who is sitting in the shade of a nearby tree. You hold the plate out to her. "Want one?"

"Sure. Better than eating fake meat." She grabs the plate from you while you snickered, knowing exactly what she was referring to.

Beast Boy, as a lemur, climbs around in the branches and hangs down from the lowest one by his tail. By the time he gets within reach of the grill, he is back in human form. He picks up two hot dogs. "Sweet! My tofu dogs are cooked to perfection." The vegetarian Titan proceeds to wolf down both foods at once.

Cyborg runs past by him to the open grass, football in hand. "All right, ya'll. Who wants to play some fool-ball?"

Robin, Beast Boy, and Starfire run over, clamoring to get into the game. They cut off abruptly and look in Raven's direction.

She has not moved an inch. "I'll be referee."

You look to her. "Oh c'mon, Raven, it'll be fun. The team will be uneven without you."

"I don't do fun."

You let out a sigh. "Of course you don't." You turn to the others. "You guys go on ahead and play. I guess I'll be waterboy."

They all shrug. Cyborg places the football on the grass. He is ready to hike to Robin while Beast Boy and Starfire are set to block.

Robin shouts. "Red! Twenty-three! Hut! Hut! Hut!"

Cyborg hikes it back and then runs past the defensive line, and Beast Boy stands in front of Robin while Starfire goes after the running Titan.

Beast Boy begins to count down. "One Gotham City... two Gotham City... three Gotham City..."

The bionic Titan runs in the open. "You can run, you can fly, but you can't catch Cy!"

The Tamaranean Titan flies after him.