Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"I'll try, but it would be helpful if you didn't look so damn good." he said, standing from his chair and moving toward her.

She let out a laugh at his words and was eating up his compliments like she had been starved for them her entire life.

"I'll be sure to wear a less flattering dress tomorrow." she joked.

He gave her a sexy smile as he advanced toward her, backing her up with slow steps until her back was flush with the opposing wall.

"You think that dress has anything to do with how good you look?" he said in a low irresistible voice.

"Because it doesn't matter what you're wearing - I'd still want to..." his voice trailed off and he cleared his throat as if he couldn't finish the sentence.

Such a gentleman, but I want to hear the rest of that sentence.

"You'd still want to what?" she asked in a hushed voice, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You really want to know?" His eyes flashed with desire as he spoke down to her.

Nodding her head slowly, she took her bottom lip between her teeth in anticipation of his words. She knew if he was getting her consent just to say them, they had to be positively delectable.

He leaned in close, with his lips practically touching her ear as he whispered his next words.

"I'd want to bend you over that desk and make you scream my name." he whispered.

The heat of his words danced across her ear and down her neck, causing her to suck in a breath and hold it while her body adjusted to the thought.

Sweet Jesus. 

He gave her a panty dropping smile as he watched her play out that specific scenario behind her glazed expression before she finally snapped back to reality and met his eyes.

"But don't worry, I know you are anxious to meet with Manny, so we can save that for another day." he said, grinning down at her.

"Who?" she asked, still lost in her lusty fog. "Right uh...Manny, we need to go meet with Manny." she repeated to herself awkwardly feeling the heat in her cheeks.

She said the words, but remained completely unmoved, lost in Caleb's eyes with her hands resting lightly on his chest.

"You're gonna have to move your feet if you wanna get there Darlin." he chuckled.

His words brought her back to the present and blush flooded her cheeks and chest.

"Right...I'll uh...lead the way." she said awkwardly, shaking her head at how completely ridiculous she had just made herself look in front of Caleb.

The truth was, in terms of experience, Lainey was lacking in that area. In college her dorm room was monitored by security making one night stands non-existent and her only long term boyfriend had been Nick who was...less than skilled in that area, but Caleb...Caleb seemed skilled. Caleb was skilled at everything he did and she had no doubt that he wouldn't disappoint in the bedroom. The thought was exciting and intimidating all at once and Lainey was flustered.

Taking a few deep breaths to rid her cheeks of the heat that was consuming them, Lainey side stepped Caleb and headed for the door, hoping that she could get her head on straight before she made it into Manny's office.

Once the door to her office had opened, Lainey shut her emotions down and headed across the office with Caleb in step behind her. She needed to know what the hell was going on and prayed that it was an error and not what Caleb had suggested.