Dinner time came just as quickly as usual. I left my room with the intention of going to the dining room. At the same time, Aurelia came out of her room and smiled at me.

- Come get Kevin some more, we'll go together. - She announced.

So we did. We stood at Kevin's door and knocked. We waited a while, but nothing happened. It was obvious that the boy had already come down. I moved forward but I had not even missed half a step when Aurelia grabbed my arm and walking with me slowed down our steps almost to a snail's pace.

- Do you know what Kevin might be referring to? What do you think? - She asked.

- Probably about me smoking marijuana with Rayan. - I replied and shrugged my shoulders.

Aurelia took a deep breath.

- Let's hope for just that.

- What more could it be about? - I asked intrigued.

- I don't know about you, but I noticed that Kevin was acting like you cheated on him today or something. - She replied smiling crookedly as she walked down the stairs with me.

- Fact. That's what it looked like but I think he was just mad at me because I acted irresponsibly.

Aurelia rolled her eyes from top to bottom and gave me a quizzical look.

- Fact, after all, I act responsibly all the time, so Kevin doesn't have to be mad at me about anything, does he?

- What do you mean? - I asked in astonishment. - You hardly ever behave responsibly... - I answered, although what Aurelia said needed no comment, because I already knew what she wanted to say.

- Exactly. - She said as we walked down the stairs. - And what the hell, but I'm his cousin he grew up with. I don't mean to be jealous, but... be careful. Things can get really weird from this "situation".

Did Aurelia just suggest to me that I was attracted to Kevin? Or that we like each other? In fact, who am I kidding. A teenager told me what I don't even want to think about.

- Thanks for the advice, but I'm not stupid. - I answered as I approached the dining room with the young she-wolf.

Everyone sat down where they usually did. Kevin was already in the dining room and smiled at me in a way he didn't remember anything from the morning. Maybe he had thought things through and concluded that there was nothing to be upset about? If that was the case it was a very good thing. Problem solved.

An appetizer was served and everyone got down to eating. To my surprise my mother spoke up:

- Max, Gregory and I thought we would throw your birthday party next Saturday. We really want Kevin to make it in time for your eighteenth birthday.

My birthday. I actually completely forgot about them, but my mom was right. Admittedly, the first of February fell on a Monday in a week, but I've had enough of Monday parties. I know from experience that they end badly.

- Good idea. - I replied. - Can I invite someone from school?

Kevin went pale at this point and my mom smiled. I guess he thought I wanted to invite Rayan. I decided to quickly enlighten the company that he was not the one I had in mind.

- I wanted to invite Elizabeth and maybe some cheerleading teammates.

Kevin took a breath and started grinning goofily again. Either he disliked Rayan a lot, or he liked me too much.