Attachment Surgery

Start from the beginning

"Yes I'll do it, but I'll find the right time," Jessica mumbled flatly, "it's better if it comes from me."

"Good, and in the meantime, we will look into that new power that caused those two men to fly backwards," said Dumbledore, half-smiling, "it seems like an extremely powerful protective charm was placed on it for anyone that touches it with negative intentions."

At that moment the door to the hospital wing opened and Madam Pomfrey came running in, her nurses dress scrapping against the floor. "Now I'm sorry Headmaster but the Aurors have just arrived to interview her and the witness who found her," she announced, "they are ready and waiting."

"Aurors?" Jessica asked. She wasn't ready to be investigated and she wasn't sure she could lie under that pressure.

"Bring them in," Dumbledore told Madam Pomfrey brightly. He then turned back to Jessica and whispered under his breath, "Jessica I think it's best that you just tell them about the robbery, no embellishing details just yet."

A little stream of light entered the hospital wing as sunrise came, and in walked Kingsley and Tonks in its golden rays. Kingsley was wearing grand majestic robes of royal blue and gold, matching his earring, and Tonks now had bright pink hair again that reflecting off of her favourite red leather jacket. Jessica's fear of meeting the Auror's suddenly evaporated, and she felt a great sense of comfort.

"Hey Je-"

Kingsley nudged Tonks in the arm as she reached forward to hug her. Someone could be watching after all, and they weren't supposed to know each other.

***

"I need to ask you, Jessica, can you remember what they looked like?" Tonks asked her, a quick quotes quill ready to start writing at her side.

Jessica thought hard to remember any details she hadn't yet said, but nothing new came to mind. "All I saw was two men, one tall, one short. They were in long black cloaks that covered their whole body, and their hoods hung over their face. I didn't get a good look."

The quick quotes quill started scratching on the floating pad frantically.

"Did they take anything?" Kingsley questioned, "you said it was an attempted robbery."

"I don't think so," said Jessica as she reached for her necklace under her jumper out of habit and looking directly in Dumbledore's direction, "They weren't finding anything and that's why they knocked me out. So they could run away."

"And you don't know who they were?" Tonks asked.

"No," Jessica insisted. She knew it wasn't their fault, but she was getting tired of answering the same old questions. "As I said. They had their hoods up."

"Is there anything else you can remember?" Kingsley asked.

"No, I've only been up for like an hour, I'm sorry," Jessica replied, feeling slightly pressured from trying to say the correct things, "something might come to me in a while but that's all I can remember right now, my heads a mess."

"It's completely okay Jessica," Tonks told her with a wink, "we're just trying to catch whoever did this as quickly as we can, get em' in Azkaban where they belong. Any little detail can lead us to them."

Jessica smiled at her softly. Oh, how she had missed her non-judgmental big sister presence.

They were obviously pressing on to see if it was connected to her aunties murder but couldn't be explicit given the witness sitting next to Jessica. She had forgotten the Order was still on the case, and she was desperate to hear what they had found so far. They hadn't mentioned it in their letters, and Tonks's one was filled with semi-permanent hair dye so that they could match the next time she saw her.