Cynthia Parker

Requested by queendixiedamelio
I hope you like it beb! sorry for the wait!

tw: mentions of death/suicide!

Cynthia shifted closer to Astrid resting her head on her shoulder. Astrid wrapped her arm Cynthia pulling her closer. Cynthia moved her hand to lay it on her chest when she felt cold metal. She glanced over, and saw a small chain with a ring on around Astrid's neck. She furrowed her brows. She hadn't seen it before.

"Is this new?" Cynthia asked softly, holding the ring studying it. It was a silver ring with two small angel wings. "D + A" was engraved on the inside of the ring.

"Oh no, I've had it for years." Astrid smiled a little looking at the piece of jewelry.

"How come I've never noticed?" Cynthia asked.

"I usually tuck it inside my shirt." Astrid shrugged. Cynthia looked up at Astrid sensing there was something special about the ring.

"Did someone give it to you?" Cynthia asked. She saw Astrid hesitate a little before answering.

"Kinda. It was Deja's." Astrid said. Cynthia's heart sank. She still wore the ring her ex gave her. Astrid noticed the look on Cynthia's face, and quickly spoke again. "It's not like that."

"Then what's it like?" Cynthia asked softly. Astrid sighed.

"You know Deja was my ex?" Cynthia nodded. "Well, we didn't break up because anything happened between us. We broke up because Deja-She committed suicide." Astrid choke out. Tears started to form in her eyes, and Cynthia immediately sat up and grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." Cynthia apologized, feeling horrible for bringing it up.

"Her mom let me keep it, and I've worn it every single day since." Astrid said. "I don't want you to think anything bad, okay? It's just you met me at a very strange time in my life. I was still heartbroken over Deja. I always will be. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over her. She was the first girl I ever loved. I can't just stop, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. I love you so much, Cynthia."

"I love you too, Astrid." Cynthia replied. "I'm so sorry I asked."

"No, don't be. You have a right to know." Astrid shook her head.

"I'm sorry about Deja." Cynthia said. "I'm sure she was great."

"She was. You remind me of her sometimes." Astrid smiled.

"Really?" Cynthia asked.

"Yeah, you're both so caring and you both always made people smile. She loved making people laugh. I swear if anyone was sad she made it her mission to make them at least smile." Astrid said.

"She sounds amazing. I wish I could've met her." Cynthia smiled.

"You would've definitely gotten along." Astrid said. "I just wish I would've noticed all the signs. She deserved to live longer."

"I'm sure she's somewhere happy and at peace watching over you." Cynthia rubbed her back.

"I hope so." Astrid smiled sadly.

I hope you enjoyed this. Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜