(OLD) Chapter 4:

Wu's dragon harshly slammed into the large creature, knocking it off its feet and the wind out of it. Cole let out another panicked and pain filled scream as the beast's grip tightened around the black ninja. Smoke billowed out of its mouth, soon followed by another blast of black aimed at the white and golden dragon. The dragon barely managed to dodge out of the way, with the tip of his tail being grazed by the blast. His shiny white scales began to change into a deadly black, swarming his tail and up to his body. The dragon disappeared, with the three landing on the sand with their feet. Wu swayed from side to side as they all stared unflinching at the creature, who clawed at the sand, slowly pushing itself up.

The darkened beast snarled viciously and let out a ear demeaning shriek and swiped its powerful tail towards them. The three jumped up with ease, Wu and Garmadon landing on its lower back, while Zane sprinted around, attempting to distract the creature while Wu and Garmadon freed Cole who looked closer and closer to passing out. The nindroid narrowed his eyes as the creature turned its head to look at its back, and hurled two shurikens at its front leg, successfully making contact. It snapped its head towards Zane with blazing eyes that seemed to pierce into his power source. He certainly caught its attention now. Zane was the second tallest member of team at a height of 6'3.5 feet, just a half inch shorter than Cole, who constantly teased him about it. They were both considered quite tall, since Kai, who was the third tallest ninja, was only 5'10, followed by Nya at 5'9, then Lloyd and Jay at 5'5. It was amusing whenever the two had to ask the others to reach something on the higher shelves, since the bounty had been built for taller people to which they were not when compared to Zane and Cole. Though, they both used their height difference to their advantage when on missions, able to easily dodge out of the way of oncoming attacks, by merely just ducking or slipping under their arms and getting in a side punch or kick, which usually knocked out whoever was unfortunately their target.

Despite being quite tall, Zane certainly didn't feel it under the glare of the creature's eyes, who was at least 3 times the size of him. Since when did it get bigger?! The nindroid drew out two more grey shurikens, sending them slicing into the air. The creature hastily jumped to the side, nearly throwing Wu and Garmadon off its back while doing so. Garmadon grabbed onto the beast's horns, then took out one of the aeroblades and plunged it into its arm. It screamed loudly, dropping Cole into the sand below, shaking its body viciously, desperately trying to get the blade out. Wu and Garmadon quickly jumped off where Zane and Cole were. Without even a second to react, the four were sent flying back, out of the dune, and ont the flat lands. The creature folded back its wing, then soared out of the dune and onto its other side, snarling. Zane took a step forward quickly, with bright blue forming around his hands, soon regretting it. His foot sunk quickly into the ground. Ah, quick sand, just their luck. The creature set a foot on the boundaries of the deadly sand, letting out a deep growl as its foot quickly became swallowed, and then pulled it out quickly.

Couldn't they ever get a fucking break, Zane thought begrudgingly, as he formed a thin sheet of ice. Their spinjitzu wouldn't work in the quick sand, it would likely make them sink faster. Wu and Garmadon didn't know airjitzu, they would be sitting ducks while they slowly were absorbed by the sand, and Zane worried if he used it, Garmadon could possibly be engulfed quicker. Wu tried to grab at Cole who had landed on his back on the soft ground, and was half way to be swallowed by the deadly sand. The thin sheet shattered suddenly by two grey objects, with Zane and Garmadon immediately covering their eyes from the pieces of ice that were sent flying. The creature was sending Zane's shurikens right back at him, using its tail to fling them. Zane gritted his teeth, as Pixal panicked in his head. The creature snarled deeply, as it began to inhale deeply, with smoke beginning to curl from its mouth. The nindroid furiously tried to make a wall of ice, which began to sink into the quick sand, barely making a shield. The beast's mouth turned into a cruel grin, before it was suddenly rammed in the side by a dark green and black dragon. Morro held the sword at his side, watching with a blank face as he watched the creature slid a short distance across the sand, quickly regaining its footing.