⛵️ Ep.12: A Tale Of Two Stans ⛵️

Start from the beginning

He then let out a sigh, trying to calm himself down. "Okay, it's alright, got a while before they find this room. We just need to lay low and think of a plan!"

Leo leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms. "Guess we're gonna be stuck here for a while."

"Ooh, I know how we can past the time!! Who wants to tell us their entire mysterious backstory?!" Mabel asked as she smiled brightly.

The man was already writing something in journal 1. "Yes, I have some questions about all this myself, Stanley."

My eyes widened a bit at the name. "Wait.. Stanley?"

"But your name is Stanford!" Mabel corrected as she looked up at her uncle in confusion.

The stranger only seemed more furious than before. "Wait, you took my name?!? What have you been doing all these years, you knucklehead?!?"

"Yeah, Grunkle Stan, no more lies!!" Dipper glared up at him. "You owe us some answers!! What's the deal with this portal?! Why did you keep this a secret?!"

"And what happened between you and your brother?!?" Mabel added to the list of questions.

Soos was also kinda mad, but with him it's always hard to tell. "I'm hoping all this aligns with my fanfics, Stan, if not I will be very disappointed!!"

"Okay, okay okay! I know I have a lot of explaining to do." He let out a heavy sigh, then looked up at the ceiling.

"It all started a lifetime ago, 1960 something, Glass Shard Beach, New Jersey. I lived with my ma and pa in the Lead Paint District in the family pawn shop. Dad was a strict man, tough as a cinderblock and not easily impressed. Mom was a pathological liar which served her well as a phone physic. And then there was my nerdy twin brother Stanford. As if his abnormal high IQ wasn't enough, he also had a rare birth defect: six fingers in each hand which might have explained his obsession with sci-fi mystery weirdness. As for me, I had what mom liked to call personality. But as different as we were, we were the perfect team. And everyday we'd wander the beach looking for adventure. Those were the good times, those bullies may have been right about us not making many friends, but when push comes to shove you only really need one. Ford's brain seemed to get more impressive every year. So did our pet project. Sure I got more than my fair share of trouble, but when your brother's the smartest kid in school you've always got a leg up on the competition. The future was looking bright, for both of us. 'Till one day..."

~~~~~~Flashback - Third Person POV~~~~~~

"Pines twins to the principal's office. Pines twins to the principal's office."

Young Stanley looked up at the voice that spoke through the intercom. "Ah, great. What is it this time?"

They both went over to the office, about to go inside, only for the secretary to extend a hand out. "Not you, him."

Stan glanced over to his brother, who the secretary had pointed at before sitting on a nearby chair. "Meh."

Confused about the situation, Ford walked into the room, sitting in between his parents with the principal at the other side of the desk. "Now, Mr. Pines, I'd like to speak with you very frankly, if I may."