Part 38

Ellie

I'm glad that I spoke to Jack at the weekend, and we spent a lot of time making up for lost time and our intimate moments were scorching hot. I threw myself into work on Monday and when I ignored my private phone call displayed on my mobile, shortly after my work phone rang and I answered it. It was my hard ass lawyer, Sandra calling with an update on my sister. My hand was shaking the entire time and to hear the words. "We found her." This was music to my ears.

"Do you know where she stays?"

"Oh, I know a lot. I hope you are sitting down for this; your sister is in Glasgow." My eyes went wide, and as further information was revealed about my sisters relationship with my father, I took her story in and shook my head.

"What's her name?" When Sandra relayed her name back to me I let out a small nervous laugh. "Really? That's her name?" When Sandra repeated herself, a smile grew upon my face, Sandra asked me if I needed her details. "No. I don't need her details. I know who she is." I honestly cannot believe my sister is someone I already know, its uncanny but at the same time, I am relieved. Now all I have to do is arrange to meet up with her and break the news to her that we are related. I'm hoping that she will take the news well.

Carmen

I've been thinking about how unhappy Ellie is and I know in my heart Jack wouldn't cheat on her, but if she is up to something, it's in my nature to work out what the hell is going on. Live had mentioned how tired Jack was at the dance classes and her lack of concentration is obvious, but she had overheard her talking to Damien about how work was weighing her down since one of her employees just upped and left without notice, throwing their dynamic into disarray.

I'm sitting outside Jack's site and watching her van and when she came out with her tools, she looked shattered. Her head spun as one of the guys had called on her and she darted back into the office for a few minutes and then headed back into her van. Her guys closely followed by jumping into their own vans and whilst they set off first, Jack slumped forward, looking a little despondent. Then her head snapped up, the engine started, and she set off. I kept my distance for a bit and expected whatever the final destination would be, I would see her link back up with her crew, but I didn't.

Jack turned up at a house and was inside before I got parked and I watched the house for a little bit and then as the hours went on, I had enough. I got out of my car and went to the house and rang the doorbell and waited on whoever owned the house to answer it, yet Jack opened the door, and her eyes went wide, and her mouth dropped open. "Carmen."

"I think you have some explaining to do, don't you?"

Ellie

I let out a puff of air as I approached the building that my sister was in. I had called ahead to see if she was on duty and she was. I was greeted by the receptionist and advised to sit at the back of the foyer, near the window and she would send her out to me. I bounced my leg up and down awaiting the arrival of my sister and when that familiar face started to walk towards me, her broad smile turned into curiosity. "Have you finally decided to join the gym after all?" I let out a chuckle and shook my head. "Okay, not a business call then. Personal?"

"You could say that, yes. I think you better sit down." Liv sat down across from me and signalled to the barista behind their drinks bar for a drink and then turned around to look at me. "We need to talk."

"If this is about Jack, honestly, she is just exhausted. I heard what you said to Carmen. I honestly don't think you have anything to truly worry about." I smiled and shook my head as our smoothies were put down in front of us, making me arch my eyebrow. "Only healthy crap is getting put into this body." I laughed softly and looked at my sister. "Now. Tell me, what is going on?"