Part 18

Jack

Everyone was standing in their positions at the side of the dancefloor and despite practicing to ' The Time of my life' I knew we were dancing to 'Hungry Eyes' and we were only doing a section of the dance, after all, it's Carson's and Damien's time to celebrate their love and why should the wedding party overshadow them. I could see the disappointment shining behind Ellie's eyes that she didn't have a dance partner, but she should have known I would step up. She about turned and was ready to head towards a chair when I caught up with her and slid my hand into hers and pulled her towards me. "Told you Jack wouldn't let you down." Tasha winked at Ellie and I shook my head.

"You came."

"Of course. I'm not about to let Carson nor you down. Are you ready for this?" Ellie's smile dazzled and in turn my lips curled up into a devious smirk and I already knew that Carson and Damien had started their dance and my eyes diverted to the dance floor. Watching Carson in her element was endearing to watch and then when it was our time to join them on the dance floor, my eyes tried to divert from Ellie's, but I found myself staring into them more often than not. Hungry eyes. Ironic really, considering I've been hungry for Ellie for a while now and unable to lay a single scorching kiss on her to knock her socks off.

We stepped off the dance floor as the next segment was for Carson and Damien and as I was ready to step back on to the floor, Ellie pulled me back and gestured me follow her into the corner where we danced close, feeling the heat radiating from her body, making me melt in her touch. Her hand drifted upwards and touched my face, our eyes darting over one another and god how much do I want to kiss this woman. I placed my hand on hers and I looked at her. "We can't. You know we can't." We continued to dance, and I spoke softly next to her ear. "If we cross that line, you are a cheater, I'm the other woman and since I've been cheated on before, I know the devastation it can cause, even if your relationship is as good as done."

Our bodies swayed until the end of the song and when it ended, I placed a soft kiss on Ellie's cheek and shot her a wink. "I can't wait to see you dance with Carson."

"I can't wait to see Carson's face when she realises what dance we are doing, never mind the song, that's more personal for her and I."

"Well, I'm going over there for front row seats, I can't wait to see what you have in store for Carson." Ellie gave my hand a quick squeeze and I gave her a warm smile and watched her walk off and although Ellie is in my heart, until she is free, she needs to remain away from me and that thought alone kills me.

The deejay announced that the sister/sister dance was going to commence, and Damien kissed Carson and she walked back on to the dancefloor. I smiled at how stunning of a vision Carson is and as the music started I stood at one end of the dance floor as Carson stood at the other side.

"Everybody knows how the story goes, we were running 'round, Thinking about dreams down the road..." I had walked towards Carson smiling and as I drew closer, I held out my hand for her to take.

'No regrets we have left to explain, And I know that that can't be bad, And I hope that you're feeling the same...' I pulled Carson in close to me and whispered, "Dad's dance at the chorus." 'And no matter how hard I, try to remember again...' "Now." We waltzed to the chorus, my heart soaring with pride. 'I can dream that we turned back the time
Dream when we stood side by side
My heart never let me tell you goodbye
I can dream of you
Dream of you
Maybe this time.