Chapter Four: Loggerheads.

It had been 4 weeks. 4 weeks since the day when she had last seen him. And she still couldn’t get him out of her mind. She was going crazy and it was terrifying her. Everything she did reminded her of ‘him’, whenever she would see her Damon it would remind her of ‘him’, whenever she wore her shoes it reminded her of ‘him’, whenever she went down to Freaky Paradise to see Andy it reminded her of ‘him’, whenever she even sang it reminded her of ‘him’, whenever she looked at her damned feet it reminded her of ‘him’! She was going insane. Absolutely insane! She had almost freaked out when she saw him sitting in her booth on Freaky Paradise and to her dismay she had run away. There were times when her hand itched to move towards her phone, wanting to ring him, even if with the silly excuse to say thank you, again but then she remembered how crazily he had affected her and she tore the card and threw it away, her not calling would give him the hint and would save herself from embarrassment. But she still couldn’t quite get the image of him out of her mind, the image of him smirking at her and the image of him telling her to take care, that little frown still on his head.

“Get a grip you idiot! Focus on the song!” She scolded herself and got back to work.

And there, just seven blocks away from her, stood the man she was thinking about. Damon, gazing out of his window, trying to figure out what in hell was wrong with him.

It had been 4 weeks. 4 weeks since the day when he had last seen her. And he still couldn’t get her out of his mind. He was going crazy and it was irritating him. Everything he did reminded him of Savannah. He missed her. He missed her snaps, the way her eyes widened when she was scared, her threats, her idiocies, the arrogance, her obsession with a television dude, the way she talked to herself, the way she ran away from him when she saw him in Freaky Paradise. There was even a time when he had almost willed his phone to ring. But it didn’t. And that should give him the hint but hell, it didn’t. Savannah was different, she tried to be the little miss perfect but then he had noticed the devilish streak and she was sad. Someone in the past had hurt her so much that she was so sad that she had lost all hope.

He wanted to meet her again. He had to meet her. He had to know what was it about her that made him go bonkers when he had only known her for two days! He remembered she had said that she sang and then it hit him! Yes, he would go to the place she sang and surprise her there! And now all he had to do was find out where in heck did she sing?

 Savannah made her way to Amy’s Heaven. She was already late and Amy was gonna bust her hide for that! God knows what she’ll do when she would tell her that Skye wouldn’t be able to do the duet with her today.

“Savannah! Where were you?!” Amy shouted just as soon as she saw her and Savannah flinched.

“Sorry Amy, Skye called me and ..” Amy must have seen the look on my face because suddenly she went red.

“Oh, no. Don’t tell me she’s not coming! It’s full out there! I even got the producers!” Amy shouted and Savannah flinched again.

“I’m sorry but she can’t come today. Her mother’s in the hospital.” I said and Amy went over the top.

“NO! No, Savannah, NO, this can’t be happening! What am I going to do?!” Amy started wailing and became incoherent after some time and I stood there almost fuming. I thought she would ask me to go solo.

“I could go solo.” I put in after a minute and she snapped shut.

“WHAT?! Are you crazy?! You can’t go solo! You can’t do anything without Skye! Shit, this is gonna cost me bad!” She wailed again and then she all but ran out of the room. I stood rigid with shock though.

Damon heard everything, he had followed Savannah to the kitchen and heard everything Amy had said and he wanted to box her ears. He looked at Savannah and he saw her go limp for a second and then her head jerked up.