" Hendery, I like you. " I gulped as I eyed Hendery.

What if she's the one he likes?

It's not impossible since she's so pretty and Hendery is a judgmental, materialistic ass.

She smiled as she stretched her hand out while holding onto a letter. " If you like me too and you want to give us a try, then take this letter. If you don't feel the same then you can walk away. "

I held my breath as he looked at the letter.

Everyone around me were cheering for them to get together. They even came up with a ship name for them during this rooting session.

He looked over at me and our eyes met. Hendery pursed his lips before he reached out for the letter.

My breathing became heavier as I forced a path through the crowd before walking up to the resting area since it's an open area so there's fresh air.

I sat on the bench bawling my eyes out.

Imagine the guy you've like for all your life is getting together with a girl he barely even talk to.

I felt like a loser. I buried my face in my hands as I cried so that I wouldn't expose my crying face and scare people away.

Just then, I heard someone coming up so I hid in the corner. I heard someone walking in as he closed the door behind me and I heard shifting sound.

Suddenly, I smelled a strong cigarette smell.

My eyes widened as I placed my hands over my mouth to prevent myself from making any sound. We're underage so we can't smoke or drink yet, yet someone smoke in school.

God, my legs started to feel jelly.

I pouted as I prayed for the person to leave soon. He shifting sound began again which means that the person is going to leave.

Yes, life is all well planned out.

At that moment, my phone started ringing and usually I would turn off the ringer but I forgot to do that today. " Who's there? " A voice said.

I quickly rejected the call but god damn Hwiyoung started calling me again. I closed my eyes shut as I continued hiding in that corner while looking down.

I heard footsteps coming closer before it stopped.

I looked to the side to see a pair of shoes right before me. I looked up slowly and my eyes widened when I saw the top scholar.

He let out a sigh, " Lee Yulbin, what are you doing here? " He eyed me as he placed a hand on his waist.

I stood up slowly and I almost fell because like I said my legs became jelly. " I was there but I hid here when you came up. " I said, pointing to the bench.

" Can you keep this a secret? If anyone finds out I'm smoking, I would be removed from the scholarship and scholarship means a lot to me. " I nodded.

He smiled slightly as he took out a bottle out of his pocket. " Spray this on yourself. It gets rid of the smell of the cigarette. In case anyone thinks you're the one smoking. " I nodded.

I sprayed around myself a few times, " Thanks for keeping it a secret. " I nodded.

He eyed me, " Did you cry because of Hendery? " I cleared my throat as I looked to the side.

He chuckled as he stretched his hand out, " I've cleaned my hands with sanitiser so don't worry about it. Let's be friends. " I looked at his hand and then him.

I stretched my hand out and I shook his hand. " Do you know my name? " I shook my head.

" I'm Choi Hyunsuk! " He smiled while shaking my hands and I chuckled slightly.

I looked over at him, " Why do you smoke though? Especially in school even though you know the danger of doing it. "

He chuckled slightly as we broke the handshake. Hyunsuk sighed, " Stress? I get really stressed out on a daily basis so I needed a way for me to release stress. " I nod.

Hyunsuk looked over at his watch, " We should get going now or else we're gonna be so dead. " I nodded as I walked out of my hiding spot.

He chuckled, " Why are your legs so weak? You kept going jelly. " I glared at him.

We walked out of the resting area together. " I'm going this side, see you soon! " We bid goodbye as I walked towards the sports hall.

When I got there, everyone were already there. Life is honestly such a jerk, Hendery's girlfriend's class will be combining class with us today.

I walked over to Hwiyoung, " Where were you? You're such a trash, you rejected my calls. " He scoffed and I chuckled slightly.

He eyed me, " Did you cry? Your eyes look like you got a bitten by a bee. " I nudged him and he chuckled.

Just then, two girls were walking passed us while chatting about Hendery. " Did you hear? Jooyeon confessed to Hendery just now and he accepted so they are dating now. " I could feel Hwiyoung's state.

He stood up, " What? " He raised his voice causing everyone to look over at him.

He turned to face Hendery.

" Hwang Guanheng, outside now. "

21st March 2021