"go check, I will stay here and search."

Leo is gone, behind of all the smoke here. Now that the tinnitus is gone, I can hear the growling of the zombies being louder than the fire, only meaning one thing: they are too close.

I take Xiomara's hand; both of our hands are sweaty because of the heat in the mall from the explosion. I push me and Xiomara through the smoke, covering my mouth so I won't inhale all of the smoke. We have been on the other end of the store.

I look back to the entrance of the store, we are at almost at the back, where the staircases are, or what's left of it, trying to see through the smoke, seeing the shadow of a person, maybe its Leo trying to get us back. The shadow gets bigger but also clearer. But its nit Leo, just Luna.

"are you two, okay?"

"yeah, what about Mateo?" I ask back.

"Mateo? Isn't he with you?"

The words are spreading more panic throughout my whole body, a shadow appears behind Luna, trying to overthrow here.

It's a Zombie! They have arrived now.

"what do you mean, he is with us, he is gone, we thought he was with you" Xiomara is yelling, tears rolling down her cheeks and she is shaking Luna. "where is my baby boy."

I want to comfort her, but this is no place to do so.

We can hear a loud crash sound; the building is falling apart. We don't have time; a hand touches my shoulder and I almost push my knife through the head of Leo.

"we don't have time; we need to go now" Leo yells.

"Mateo?" I whisper.

He shakes his head. We can't hear his cries anywhere, just making the suspicion of his death just more.

"We need to go Xiomara" I yell to her.

"is Mateo there?" she looks at me, she still has so much hope in her eyes. I nod my head.

Her eyes went from hopeful to glassy.

"you are lying..."

I am lost for words; I see Leo pull Luna to the exit but staying with us.

Xiomara looks up at me.

"I've always loved you" she presses a kiss into my lips and before I can reach her hand, she has disappeared behind the smoke. Leo is pulling me back, and the building is still falling apart around us, the growling zombies are closer than ever and the fires makes in impossible to breath.

This was it, my first love, her scent, her voice and her face is gone? Just like that.

The last thing I did was lie to her, and she still loved me.

I love you too.

I want to shout it, but I can feel Leo fight against me and my body weight, my hand iss still trying to catch Xiomara's hand that isn't even there anymore.

No

It can't be, she can't be gone.

Tomorrow I will wake up, and across the room she will lay in a bed, with the smile she usually had.

With her laugh filling the room in the morning.

"Let me go" I scream at Leo, the pain in my voice is so clear, that even Leo is crying at the sound of it.

No

Don't cry Leo, you are only confirming the worst, she will be there when I wake up. She needs to be.

I didn't get to apologize yet.

My thoughts are running wild in my head, while Leo somehow already got me on the roof to the helicopter.

"why are you crying, she isn't dead!" I scream my heart out grabbing him by the collar, my heart is aching just of the thought of forgetting her voice and face. Aching from the thought of her being gone forever. With those thoughts my hands slowly slump from Leo's collar.

I didn't only lie to her today, but I told her that I regret marrying her. I wanted to apologize.

I can feel 2 sets of hands pulling me back now, I want to reach for her hand, but the only thing I see is her glassy eyes, and that I never get to hold her hand again.

Everything around me doesn't feel real anymore. The only thing I see is Mateo little soft hands, being cold and stiff now.

Xiomara's body being bloody and burned.

.......................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1300

Side note: honestly, we felt bad for this one, also Levi's thoughts and pov makes it way more special. What do you think?