35

Faster. She had to go faster. Biting her lip (Y/N) rushed with full speed through the sea while ganon balls were passing her ship. The impact of the heavy metal balls let her surroundings tremble dangerously and herself shake in fear. Nervously she tapped a random route on the navigation system just to get far away from the base. (Y/N) just needed a safe route, a direction where they would be able to settle things first.
Still clothed in her torn uniform she felt cold. The sweat on her skin let her shake even more, or was it the fear to lead them into their death? After what they were able to achieve?

Maybe.

Nevertheless there wasn't much time to think right now.

The tremblings and explosions started to calm down and with it the hectic atmosphere. The rays of the sunlight shone through the water and in a way it seemed like a sign to finally have reached the end of their turbulent journey.

Sighing in relief, (Y/N) looked at the map. They were able to get out of their territory. It really worked. Her once reckless, hopeless try to safe Katakuri really was a success.
Slowly she made her way back to the ship to find her husband on the bed with his eyes closed.
Her hands were shaking slightly, the moment she softly laid them onto his chest. His body was really beaten up. Looking at his wounds it felt like a stab to her heart.
But still, he was breathing. He was alive. He was here right in front of her. And finally able to get back home. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. Tears of all the pain she went through. Of all the frustrating situations she had to deal with.

"You've been through so much....", his soft voice let her gasp. Opening his eyes he pressed his big hand onto her small ones with a sad smile on his face.

"You can't imagine...", she sobbed bitterly, while feeling her whole body give in. Falling onto her knees she cried out her pain and relief, while Katakuri slowly got up to take her into his arms. He could feel her hesitating first of his wounds, which let him press her closer to give her the affection she needed and he needed.

"All this time... Hours, days, months... I waited so long. You didn't come back, no one knew what was going on. It was so unbelievable hard.",she started frustrated and pressed her face into his chest.

"The moment your vivre card was burning.. It shattered my heart. I couldn't imagine to go on without you. Never. They wanted to stop me. Wanted to keep me safe, while you were slowly dying. You can't imagine how hard that was, because you had to endure a daily nightmare yourself...I thought I lost you...", she cried bitterly. He knew the pain. He knew all too well how hard it was. She went through the same horror and still he couldn't believe it that he got out of that cell.
Slowly Katakuri lifted her head up, by taking her chin and looked into her tear stained face. Even if she looked so sadly, so desperate, he couldn't but smile. She was so brave, selfless and beautiful. A rare treasure in this cruel world.

" I am here (Y/N)... With you... ", he whispered softly and pressed his lips against hers. Kissing back immediately she drowned in his sweet touch. Normally he used to be the rough kisser, but this time she felt her cheeks flush of his soft and slow pace. She felt like being kissed for the first time. It let her shiver of excitement, while goosebumps tickled on her skin. It felt so unbelievable good, but the moment she brushed through his hair, (Y/N) stopped their heated moment quickly and looked into his face with a worried expression. Something was off. And that her husband didn't push further to kiss her again, made her even more worried.

"You're heating up.... You got a fever..", she spoke seriously, while Katakuri brushed some sweat from his forehead and felt really tired.

"Maybe I feel a little dizzy. Just... A moment..", he growled out and fall back onto the bed to sleep. Quickly taking a clothe, (Y/N) put it onto his head to cool him down. Using her medical kit she tried to desinfect his wounds, but most of them were pretty bad and deep. Something she couldn't handle right now.