The Demands

.............

"I miss eating chocolate." Killua said, picking up a cookie from the plate in front of him and shoving it in his mouth," The sweets around here just suck." he muttered.

Sweets were a high class delicacy in Eldia, the boys only had them twice since they came to this strange place. Both was when they were in the custody of the Military police, when they first arrived inside the walls.

Alluka was kind enough to bring them some of it on her way from the capital. Knowing her Big Brother's sweet tooth, she figured that he was probably craving for some.

"Yeah, the sweets here are nothing compared to what we used to eat back home." Alluka agreed.

Alluka's attendant and bodyguard from the Military police, Daniel Moscov ,stood a few feet behind the young girl. He looked like a stern man, the kind that only minded his business and followed the orders he was given to the letter. He barely said a word to the boys since they arrived to the café. He stood with his feet apart, in the professional stance of a proper solider.

"So Alluka, how is your research?" Killua asked.

The raven haired girl perked up," It has been coming along pretty well, the professor working with me have been teaching me a lot. There was a lot more to the AG plants than what we could imagine. In fact I came here today to deliver a pack of the drug me and the other botanists have been creating to the scouts."

Gon raised a brow," A test trial, it has only been four months." he said fascination lacing his voice.

"Yeah, I know. But the first product was ready to be tested. We couldn't exactly have test subjects inside Wall Sina since it was going to create a panic, so the only choice we had was to entrust the drug to Hange and hope for a fruitful report." she said.

Gon smiled," Wow you are really awesome, Alluka!" he praised.

Killua nodded," Yeah, good job." he said.

A short silence fell on the trio as they all silently sipped their tea. It wasn't long after that the raven haired girl started to fidget, her light blue eyes darting around in discomfort. Killua noticed the change in her domineer instantly.

"What's wrong, Alluka?" he asked.

She nervously locked eyes with her brother, wringing her fingers together," Honestly I wanted to tell you something important, Big Brother." she said, her cheerful voice completely replaced by a distressed one.

"What's wrong, Alluka? Did something happen?" he asked, his mind running wild with the possibility of her being in any kind of danger. His sapphire blue eyes looked over her form looking for any sort of injuries.

"It's Nanika." she said, making both her brother and friend freeze up, their eyes wide," She have been giving demands lately." she confessed.

Killua was the first to recover from his shock," What did she demand? And how many demands?" he asked.

Alluka raised up to five fingers," Five demands, the latest was getting a cup of tea." she said, her eyes casted down.

"Five demands?" Gon asked," That means that-" he was cut off by his best friend.

"Who made the first wish, Alluka?" Killua asked, trying to be as calm as possible not to scare his sister.

He could see that she was feeling bad about it, he could see how much it bothered her. He didn't want to make her feel worse, no matter how paranoid he was feeling. He wanted to keep a calm front for her sake.

Alluka timidly pointed behind her, at her bodyguard who was listening into the conversation attentively.

"What did he wish for?" Gon asked, ignoring the stern gaze the man gave him.